Ver greedy cat

Options

Comments

• CATS
    CATS Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

so I took my big boy to the vets on saturday and its not good news. I am told that he has an elarged liver and is jaundice. I feel so bad that I thought he was just being greedy. I am told best case scenario hepatitis, worst case scenario cancer. I have faith that he will be ok and praying for the the best. He is at the vets today as they are going to be doing blood tests and a scan, should know later on.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Aww just read this. Will keep fingers crossed.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    Poor thing, you did the right thing in taking him to the vets. I hope he has something that can be treated easily and manages to make a full recovery.
  • kb_soma
    kb_soma Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ((hugs)) Sending mojo your way.xxx
    LBM: NOVEMBER 2011 || debt free date:30/06/15 || The Fighting Debt Army: #442 || Frugal Living Challenge 2018 || January 2018 Grocery £1.22/£100 ||
  • CATS
    Options
    Thanks all, the scans have come back and they have said that his liver is enlarged on one side, not all of it. They said that they dont think its hepatitis and it doesnt look like a tumor, so that pretty much leaves cancer :( however they have to wait for the blood test results to confirm. I am still praying and hoping it isnt. He is looking very slim but apart from that he seems normal, he doesnt seem to be in pain and is walking fine. Any ideas what else it could be? it doesnt have to be cancer right?
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    Sorry to you have to go through all this worry. I would wait for the results of the tests without wondering about what elce it could be. Then at least you will know properly.
    Hopefully you will only have a few days wait. Poor cat.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really feel for you, right now I am awaiting blood test results (going to call @ 3pm if they haven't called me first as they said they should be in today hopefully) and if they are clear, a tumour will be assumed as there isn't anything else really it could be, this is for a 16yr old. REALLY hope your boy is ok, but even if it is the worst, maybe at his age something can be done? PLs update
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, so sorry he turned up to be unwell - big hugs to you.

How long do you have to wait for the blood results?

xx
  • CATS
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for your support, I am trying to stay positive, he is such a stubborn cat that am sure he will be fine just to spite the vet :) I cant imagine not having him around at the moment so havent even started thinking about what we will do if the worst does happen. The blood tests are supposed to be sent off today so it will be a couple of day, Thursday I think. Beethoven is still too young for him not to be here and am not ready to let him go :(

UKTigerLily I am sorry to hear you are in a similar situation, I hope your kitty is ok.

Its the waiting that is really getting to me, the quicker we know the quicker we can do something
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope he will be good, all crossed here x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts