91 replies 7.8K views

Replies

• edited 21 September 2014 at 4:21PM
    optimistic-mummyoptimistic-mummy Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    edited 21 September 2014 at 4:21PM
    our 10 year plan to achieve our dreams
    and how we are taking steps to achieve them

1. DP to have his own motorbike mechanic business (currently studying motorbike mechanics along side working)

2. to get married (well we have been together 7 years and finally got engaged this year)

3. my dream is to become a doctor. failing that id take any job in a hospital caring / looking after people and making them better .. I'm currently studying with open university this will take me 3 years. i hope to be able to get a job after as a health care worker and after a year or 2 plan to apply to medical school ... if i don't get in there's nothing lost i will carry on working if i get in amazing ill be another step closer to achieving my dream

4. buy a house ... i want a forever home i dont want to rent my whole life

5. if we get a forever home big enough id like to look into adoption/fostering at the end of our 10 year plan .. once careers and everything is sorted.

big dreams and we are only at the very beginning with a long way to go .. i wonder where we will be in 10 years. will we achieve all of the above or be close to achieving it all .. or will things pan out completely different ... only time will tell :A
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
  • NSD today :j
  • Ds1 at school. Baby napping. I have an upset stomach and studies to do .. Housework to catch up on. And have hardly any sleep I need to go to the shop too. Today is not my day ..
    Hopefully will feel better soon
  • hello everyone hope you are all well :)

so far so good with budget.

things i need to do by friday :
    1. study
    2. list pushchair forsale
    3. sort out our clothes
    4. list 10 things for sale
    5. contact student finance and open university
    6. pay cheque in off British gas
    7. find out where waterproofs have got to on eBay
    8. open dispute for refund for dress on eBay i didn't receive
    9. order money tin
    10. sort out sheds !

we have too much stuff and it needs to go i don't have the room and the any money i will put up towards Xmas.
    talking of Xmas got my dad a mug brand new for free thanks too MIL so that is going up as one of his Xmas gifts
    also got a pair of jeans and a top off a family member

ive been keeping my eye out on free-cycle and freegle for garden things as it doesn't look very appealing ATM

i'm still working on the feed the family for £4 a day thing.

i think what makes everything harder is DP isn't so money concious as me and can easily spend money without even thinking about it.

he's trying to get extra hours but so far has had no luck.

he's finishing early today so is going to pick LO up from school.

baby is currently napping. ive been reading threads all over the forum to give me inspiration and see where i can make cut backs etc.

i hope to cut our budget back even more next year. i would love to do the old version of the frugal living challenge where you live off £4000 a year but don't know if it would be possible would be nice to come in under £10k ... that would be a good starting point if we could achieve it

i have been keeping track of our spends in my notebook :) is looking good so far

one of our biggest expenses after food and bills is fuel. maybe i should make DP cycle instead of using his motorbike :rotfl:

I've found a very cheap bread recipe so will be trying that out

tonight is HM pizza for tea

i have potatoes that aren't much good i was going to plant them but think its a bit late now :undecided

LO has a school trip in October i was really surprised to see we don't have to pay anything .. that's a first ! :)

right going to crack on with the housework before everyone returns ... take care all. hugs to all that need or want one :)
  • our savings goal once debt is gone is possible. but its going to be tight.

one step at a time hoping to pay £200 off debt next week and put £40 in savings (emergency fund) and £40 up for Christmas / birthdays

i wanted to get baby a smart trike for xmas but im going to put the money away for him instead as he wont understand xmas so i dont really see the point in buying loads of gifts.

ds1 wants a pedal tractor .. ive been looking out for one on ebay second hand in good condition but because of his age there is only one model i can find thats worth buying .... i will keep checking though

this year has gone so fast. we are in the same amount of debt (well slightly less) than what we were in january .... im hoping 2015 is a better year for us. we have such big plans .. some days i think we can achieve them but like everything its not going to be easy ... other days i think we will never get there. im hoping to really cut back next year and make a good start to our savings pot ...
    onwards and upwards :)
  • budget looking good so far
    DP got given £10 earlier for fuel and to buy his self a drink for helping a mate, so have added that to the extra money made (by selling stuff etc) fund

need to get my !!! in to gear tomorrow got chatting online to an old school friend this morning so got hardly anything done :(

i have messaged ebay seller regarding ds1's waterproofs that i payed the extra first class postage for and should of been here last weds

im now in the process of contacting ebay to open a dispute for a dress i never recieved as the seller is no longer availible to contact
  • cant get a refund for dress as its passed the 30 days .... its not it wasnt scheduled to arrive till the 10th sept ! but cant get much information up as the seller is no longer availible ... going to try paypal and if not will contact the bank as i paid on my credit card too
  • opened a claim with paypal so hopefully that will sort that one
  • things i need to do by friday :
    1. study
    2. list pushchair forsale
    3. sort out our clothes
    4. list 10 things for sale
    5. contact student finance and open university
    6. pay cheque in off British gas - need to give this to DP tomorrow to pay in
    7. find out where waterproofs have got to on eBay - messaged seller
    8. open dispute for refund for dress on eBay i didn't receive - opened a claim with paypal
    9. order money tin
    10. sort out sheds !
  • NeedhelpsavingNeedhelpsaving Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭

i wanted to get baby a smart trike for xmas but im going to put the money away for him instead as he wont understand xmas so i dont really see the point in buying loads of gifts.

Hi OM,

Just delurking with an idea on the smart trike.

We bought the recliner one for our daughters 1st xmas (she was 8 months old), but because of the cost asked others to put towards it. I got it on promotion at Smyths toy store about 6 wks before xmas (coming in at £96) and then 2 sets of grandparents and 2 aunties covered the cost of it.

They family thought it was a great idea and they have said they would like to put towards something like that again this year. They all know that my LO gets the use out of it and it has worked out better value than everyone buying loads of little things that she wouldn't use.

OH & I then bought some clothes/smaller toys and stocking fillers (choc buttons and a purse with some pennies in) which suited our budget.

Hope this helps
    2021 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £39,768.45 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £101,469.31 (as at 20/04/2021)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin's debt costs masterclass

Eg, balance transfer up to 35 mths at 0%

MSE News

£80 GHD Original IV Styler

Via MSE Blagged code (norm £109)

MSE Deals