🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Unlawfullyl arrested..

Options
Friend got arrested at his home at night few weeks ago.. After calling the Police for help twice in a space of 15 mins..
Reason for the call.. Was to control /evict the psychotic wife in the house. After an hour of rowing with her..she became unpredictable and started to use words such as assault..
He realised she is trying to get him done for Domestic abuse as the marriage is not working n since she had a Spouse Visa, due to expire soon. If my mate divorces her then she would have to go back to her native cave she crawled from..
Unfortunately, the common thug of an Officer responded with 5/6 others. After 20mins of talks and unnecessary negotiations.. My friend asked the Officer in charge for his name and collar number..
This irritated him to the point that he decided to arrest him instantly for common assault ( on the wife /alleged ).
Then he came back in the house and took away the piece of paper from the house with his details that were jotted down..
The shameless Officer lied on the arrest sheet as well !
On advice from the Duty Solicitor, matter was reported to the local Police Station. The Duty Inspector in charge was supposed to call back..since no details of the Officer in question.. We are finding it difficult to take this thug to task. :mad:
My friend was interviewed the following day in relation to the charges of Common Assault, released with No Further Action.
It's very frustrating to see the Officer behave in such a manner and he knows he can hide behind the system like a verminous rat..
Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 August 2014 at 12:20AM
    Options
    You can submit a complaint to the independent police complaimts commission I'm sure.
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So are you saying the alleged domestic abuse would stop the divorce and she wouldn't have to go back?

Or was it revenge by the wife to cause his grief?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see the police are taking domestic abuse (including emotional abuse) seriously - long may it continue!
  • Shayboy786
    Options
    Sadly, IPCC does not consider this as a serious matter. So, any correspondence / complaint sent to them in relation to this would be directed / forwarded to the local Police station.
    How convenient.. :mad:
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm not too sure what your options are then, chick. Sorry x
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go to the MP?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Shayboy786
    Options
    The Domestic Abuse would not stop the divorce. She would be entitled to Legal Aid since she's screaming Domestic Abuse and assault.. Otherwise, she would not be entitled to Legal Aid under new regulations. Not a mark or scratch was found on her by the Police. Shes declined to give a formal written statement to the Police as well..
    Their marriage has only lasted for a year together.
    If she gets Legal Aid she will exhaust every possible angle through the Solicitors to lengthen the process of getting a Divorce to get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the country. The 999 call had recordings of my friend repeatedly shouting for urgent Police help..
    The system is shambolic.. She should be answerable to making false allegations..
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Advice? Stop trolling.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't see why your blaming the police, they turned up with the wife accusing him of assault, what did you expect them to do? Arrest was the only option, they have to take it seriously.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Shayboy786 wrote: »
    The Domestic Abuse would not stop the divorce. She would be entitled to Legal Aid since she's screaming Domestic Abuse and assault.. Otherwise, she would not be entitled to Legal Aid under new regulations. Not a mark or scratch was found on her by the Police. Shes declined to give a formal written statement to the Police as well..
    Their marriage has only lasted for a year together.
    If she gets Legal Aid she will exhaust every possible angle through the Solicitors to lengthen the process of getting a Divorce to get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the country. The 999 call had recordings of my friend repeatedly shouting for urgent Police help..
    The system is shambolic.. She should be answerable to making false allegations..

Common assault is any act by which a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend immediate unlawful violence.

Your thinking of the term assault in its general definition.

Always two sides to every story, especially in a situation like this. From what ive read, good on the police for resolving the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport