PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Christmas 2014 thread!!!!

Comments

• Here is a recipe for blackberry schnapps, I made it last year and it was lovely

http://www.danish-schnapps-recipes.com/blackberry.html
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Just got some more sweets and stackers (Aldi pringles), nuts and their lovely lindor likey truffles for Christmas so I am nearly done treatwise apart from the After 8's.
    Aldi had Turkey's in last week but they had none this week.
    I think everyone is getting ready early this year.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pooky wrote: »
    Great quilt!

I use nearly all reclaimed fabric in my quilts, old bedding, curtains, pillowcases, shirts etc (check the £1 rail in your local charity shop if they have one - mens cotton shirts have a lot of fabric in ). It's a lovely way to do a quilt with lots of textures and patterns.

You can use fleece as the wadding too if you don't want it to puffy - easier to run through the machine if you're quilting too.

That's a really good tip about the fleeces, thanks! :money:
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 September 2014 at 7:44PM
    TypoPooky - that looks great - my new sewing machine is still in its box awaiting our 'craft room' to be ready - will have a go when I learn to sew a straight line :)

Butterfly Brain - you are going to turn me into a lush - your schnapps has gone into my folder...... For christmas obviously ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wasn't my quilt Island - twas Kboss's :)

I'd love a craft room - god only knows how much mess I could make then!!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Dohhh

As for the craft room, its a soon to be spare bedroom, will have to battle with OH,s airfix obsession to get my spot ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    this isn't going to be of use to quite a lot of people but...........if you use any of the DKNY apple fragrances, when finished with them you can prise off the spray tops and top of the apple shapes and you're left with a lovely bottle, ideal for HM reed diffusers
  • Pooky wrote: »
    The jars I used were around around 180mls and it made 11 full ones and a half jar we had to eat that night (to save it going off :D)

I've made 3 batches this year, everyone that visits seems to ask to take one or two home when they go.......they're only visiting for my jelly!!!

Sorry Pooky - one more question !
    Do you use cooking apples or eating apples or do you think it doesn't matter ?
    thanks ever so much
    x
    Comp Wins 2014 - £200 Thats Life Mag Win
  • If anyone is looking for Pickled Onions (they're my OH's must have for Xmas) they are currently 40p for a huge jar in A**A. Dated Dec 2015
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry Pooky - one more question !
    Do you use cooking apples or eating apples or do you think it doesn't matter ?
    thanks ever so much
    x

I've used both - on their own and mixed - all work well. One batch this year was mixed and it turned out very amber coloured with a real mellow flavour - another batch that was made from bramleys was lighter in colour and had a better kick of chilli......both equally lovely.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure