MobileXpression

Hi all, just seen an offer through Inbox Pounds for this site. Does anyone have any experience of it at all? It's just that an offer of a £5 AGC just for being active for a week sounds a little too easy! Thanx : )
«13456715

Comments

  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,617
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just seen same offer - and it seems there is little extra info available.

    There's an old thread here (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1503927&highlight=mobilexpression) which seems to refer to the same outfit, but it's clearly very out of date (2009) and so this new offer is presumably a relaunch.

    Will try it on one of our family smartphones and see what happens...
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,617
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 September 2014 at 7:32PM
    Well, it seems to have worked - a £5 Amazon Voucher received.

    They give you points periodically (maybe one each week, not quite sure of the period) - you can exchange these for £5 Amazon vouchers when you have 10 points.

    So, in the first week I got 1 point - a tenth of the way. And this week a second point - two tenths.

    But today (about 10 days after sign-up) I got the sign-up bonus of an extra 10 points - which I exchanged for an Amazon Voucher, leaving me with the 'normal' two points towards the next one.

    Points are only accrued if their app is 'active' - and it's not clear what, exactly, it is doing, so this probably isn't suitable for you if you are wary of snooping software!

    And, as far as I can tell so far, the points have to be actively claimed each time - they send you an email prompting you. I assume that if you don't respond to that email you don't get that period's point.

    So - £5 sign-up bonus seems to work - can't yet tell what long-term potential or pitfalls might be.

    Edited to add: Should add that I signed up via InstaGC, not Inboxpounds, as InstaGC's points added up to an instant £1 Amazon Voucher - so I'm up £6 in Amazon via this so far.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This is like Nielsen Mobile Panel which i have been a member of, for over a year, with no issues.


    https://www.mobilexpression.com/faq.aspx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,068
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Well, it seems to have worked - a £5 Amazon Voucher received.

    They give you points periodically (maybe one each week, not quite sure of the period) - you can exchange these for £5 Amazon vouchers when you have 10 points.

    So, in the first week I got 1 point - a tenth of the way. And this week a second point - two tenths.

    But today (about 10 days after sign-up) I got the sign-up bonus of an extra 10 points - which I exchanged for an Amazon Voucher, leaving me with the 'normal' two points towards the next one.

    Points are only accrued if their app is 'active' - and it's not clear what, exactly, it is doing, so this probably isn't suitable for you if you are wary of snooping software!

    And, as far as I can tell so far, the points have to be actively claimed each time - they send you an email prompting you. I assume that if you don't respond to that email you don't get that period's point.

    So - £5 sign-up bonus seems to work - can't yet tell what long-term potential or pitfalls might be.

    Edited to add: Should add that I signed up via InstaGC, not Inboxpounds, as InstaGC's points added up to an instant £1 Amazon Voucher - so I'm up £6 in Amazon via this so far.

    Thank you for investigation and updating accordingly. Which area on InstaGC did you find this please?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,617
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Aesop wrote: »
    This is like Nielsen Mobile Panel which i have been a member of, for over a year, with no issues.


    https://www.mobilexpression.com/faq.aspx

    Hi Aesop

    Yes, Very similar to Nielsen, though it looks less profitable (I think Nielsen adds up to £50 per year but this looks more like about £25). And similar to the old MobileTrends/OnDevice scheme that's now finished (which used to be £60 pa!).
    katykicker wrote: »
    Thank you for investigation and updating accordingly. Which area on InstaGC did you find this please?

    Hi katykicker - I think it was on OfferToro.
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but seems more suitable than posting in Swagbucks etc.

    This week I have not had the message to redeem credit, and trying to click on the app to go on the link my credits appear but no button to redeem this week's credit.

    Anyone else have this problem?
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    loranius wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but seems more suitable than posting in Swagbucks etc.

    This week I have not had the message to redeem credit, and trying to click on the app to go on the link my credits appear but no button to redeem this week's credit.

    Anyone else have this problem?
    No but you can email them and they can help
  • Sugarplum634
    Sugarplum634 Posts: 1,047
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sometimes, I find that it jumps a day here and there. If there is a problem with your account, they contact you with a link to click.
    Make £520 a year in 2020 so far (£0 cash £0 AGC)

    (2019,£481.69) (2018, no idea!) ( 2017 £673.20) (2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)

    Penny challenge: 21/366 (66.70/671.61)
    NSD 7/150
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know a number of people with this app, all saying the same. They haven't been credited for this week. Hope they aren't going under.
  • CBo
    CBo Posts: 507
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    snap!
    Not looking good?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards