I want a boyfriend! Dating debtfree style?

Comments

• xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Rout, got no advice but just wanted to wish u all the luck in the world, I split up from my wife of 9 years and now in a shed load of debt, partly my fault for going along with what she wanted, bit of a spendaholic :) , with any luck youll meet some hot bloke who's LOADED ;)

other than that keep putting a £1 lucky dip on the lottery.

Seriously , Take Care I am a strong believer in not trying too hard trying to get someone and when u meet the right person you will know and in my limited experiance its when u least expect it.

Now bars are smoke free, you could work in a nice enviroment and meet lots of people while getting paid for it

Let us know how u get on

Bye x
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • i met my by on here, was not looking for one at all but nice bonus............ been together for 6 months now :)
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • ((((((((((((((bump))))))))))))))
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • steve700
    steve700 Posts: 312 Forumite
    I met my last girlfriend on 'match.com' - We have just recently seperated after 18 months but still good mates.

£70 for 6 months and 6 months free if you don't meet the person of your dreams.

Helena Christensen wasn't listed, alas, but I got 2nd best ;)

Who I hope to soon be my next girlfriend, has actually lived around the corner from me for 8 years.

I've seen her about and thought WOW, and 6 weeks ago she put a note through my door asking if I was single.................!!
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I met my husband on what used to be yahoo chat!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    In terms of initially meeting someone - just keep your eyes open! A friend of mine met her future hubby on the bus, my sister met hers in church of all places!

Look around for free or cheap groups interested in a hobby or interest of yours - I've made loads of mates over the years through singing, am dram, hiking etc - and there's been a couple of relationships in there too.

My personal favourite is through friends though, and if you work on increasing your social circle in general you will eventually meet some cute guys!
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
  • Adrasteia01
    Adrasteia01 Posts: 271 Forumite
    I met my husband on the IRC undernet back in 1996/7 (#x-files chat room).

Chat rooms are a good place to get to know people (before you meet them in person), although they may not be local. My husband was in Northern Ireland and I was in Australia. But it worked out, and we both ended up in the Republic of Ireland. We've been together for 9 yrs and married for 5 this year.
  • steve700
    steve700 Posts: 312 Forumite
    bobbadog wrote: »
    I'm from Northampton, as is my OH, and we met at a gig... then got talking online, then I got drunk, nicked him a very-rare-and-not-yet-on-sale-album-by-his-favourite-band from my work, popped it in his back pocket at a club and snogged him. Hurrah!

So crime does pay..................;) :D
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    steve700 wrote: »
    So crime does pay..................;) :D

Yes :D Awful isn't it x
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    My husband was in Northern Ireland and I was in Australia. But it worked out, and we both ended up in the Republic of Ireland. We've been together for 9 yrs and married for 5 this year.

Not exactly half-way! :rotfl: congrats! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport