We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco current account.

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks as if they start your account month on the date of your first deposit, so you should see your interest Monday or Tuesday.

You might want to change your SO to a slightly different date as you could be missing a month if the 1st is on a weekend or bank holiday.
  • Richchad
    Richchad Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I wondered if the account month might start on the deposit date, I was hoping someone would confirm if they had been paid interest.

I will see when the interest is actually paid before changing my S/O dates but thanks for the tip Archi Bald..;)
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Looks as if they start your account month on the date of your first deposit, so you should see your interest Monday or Tuesday.
    Richchad wrote: »
    Yes I wondered if the account month might start on the deposit date, I was hoping someone would confirm if they had been paid interest.

My first deposit was on the 18th June, and interest has been credited on 17th July and 17th August.

So my experience is consistent with this.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • Richchad
    Richchad Posts: 539 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2014 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Thanks for the info snowman..

I checked my accounts on Sunday and the interest was paid day before Saturday 30th.

I wasn't expecting to see any until Monday as thought banks didn't operate over weekend.

So looks like it is roughly on anniversary of deposit date, assuming it will always be paid on 30th then perhaps I should change my SO from 1st to maybe a little later, say 4th... to be clear of any weekend clashes..
    Update
    Okay amended S/Os to 4th October onwards but then thought this will make it more than 1 month between payments so will rotate £750 after 4th September just to be sure...
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, the point earning potential is pretty rubbish (I actually took part in a focus group for this account).

If I remember correctly its 1 point for every £8 spent outwith Tesco with the Debit Card, and 1 point for every £4 spent in Tesco.

Not very tempting IMO.

You'd be better getting a Tesco CC as you get the following

Tesco stores - 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend.
    Tesco fuel - 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend (excludes Esso Fuel).
    Everywhere else - 1 Clubcard point for every £4 you spend.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2014 at 4:23PM
    Options
    anyone had problems trying to apply online? i'm an existing customer so it says it recognises me & i should sign in with my username, but it won't recognise my username. i tried logging in, then applying, & it said i needed to create a new username to complete the application, then i could tie the new account to my existing one under my original username. tried to create a new username on the next screen & it just keeps saying not recognised? i'm just going around in circles!

edit: just tried a very old username, & it's accepted that & gone through the log-in process ok, very weird!
  • Jogle
    Jogle Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    You'd be better getting a Tesco CC as you get the following

Tesco stores - 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend.
    Tesco fuel - 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend (excludes Esso Fuel).
    Everywhere else - 1 Clubcard point for every £4 you spend.

The CA and the CC give the same for Tesco Stores and Tesco Fuel (ie. the normal one point per £1 that a Clubcard gives plus one point per £4), so the CC only gives an advantage when spending elsewhere.
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    i'm an existing customer (credit card) & my application from the 9th, last Tues, is still shown online as 'processing' & no paperwork received as yet.

anyone else finding applications taking longer now?
  • MikeMcr
    Options
    i'm an existing customer (credit card) & my application from the 9th, last Tues, is still shown online as 'processing' & no paperwork received as yet.

anyone else finding applications taking longer now?

Yes. My recent second account application took 2 weeks for anything to arrive.
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    my paperwork finally appeared today. dated the day i applied so it's taken 5 business days to be sent/in the post. not too bad i suppose, but it felt like longer as i've got money sitting waiting to pay in! hope it's not another full week before i get account info confirmed...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport