Tesco current account.

Options

Comments

• yangptangkipperbang
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    Probably because it doesn't count as a "qualifying product" under the terms of the T&Cs.

Interesting ! It takes mine as one ............
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Interesting ! It takes mine as one ............

Are you saying the First Direct T&C charges document is wrong when it says the Regular Saver is excluded from the products that qualify for the waiver of the monthly charge for the FD current account?

As it is dead easy to open e.g. an Everyday e-Saver and deposit £1 into it for keeps, and as this account most definitely qualifies as a waiver for the monthly current account charges, I would suggest people do just that - open an e-saver and put £1 into it. Ignore any suggestions that ineligible accounts might be eligible after all.............
  • yangptangkipperbang
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Are you saying the First Direct T&C charges document is wrong when it says the Regular Saver is excluded from the products that qualify for the waiver of the monthly charge for the FD current account?

NO ! Just get down off your high horse for a minute ...............

I opened a regular saver years ago when it DID qualify - I have opened a new one immediately each year so it continues to qualify..............I assume !

Apart from which ........ anyone who is looking for a good rate of interest on ANY account should consider the FD reg Saver anyway............which was the main point of my post.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I opened a regular saver years ago when it DID qualify - I have opened a new one immediately each year so it continues to qualify..............I assume !

Maybe you're paying in £1000+ per month or hold an average balance of £1000+ in your 1st Account every month...both of which exempt you from the charge.

;)
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NO ! Just get down off your high horse for a minute ...............

Calm down dear, calm down. I am on no horse, I just asked whether you think the written FD terms are wrong, as these specifically exclude the Regular Saver account for the purposes of the waiver of the monthly current account fee.
    Apart from which ........ anyone who is looking for a good rate of interest on ANY account should consider the FD reg Saver anyway............which was the main point of my post.
    Nobody questions that the FD Regular Saver is best for anyone who wants to save up to £300 a month and doesn't need instant access. It's not much use for anyone who is looking to put several thousand into an account in a lump sum, and/or needs access before 12 months are up.

If it helps, I can confirm that I am on my fifth FD Regular Saver now but I still also keep £1 in an Everyday e-saver to be certain they won't charge me a tenner a month for the current account (which I only use to feed the Regular Saver).
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not use their 6% (was 8% !!) reg saver ?

"Banking Fee Waivers... savings account (*excludes Regular Saver Account)"
    http://www3.firstdirect.com/assets/pdf/rates-and-charges.pdf
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    so far very impressed with tesco current acc opening, applied on 24th, got the forms to sign on 27th, posted them back yesterday and both are showing on my online banking today (already have tesco savers)

Does any one know if money will be ok to be paid in now or wether i am best to wait till opening confirmation from them?
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £750.09 overpaid as at April so YTD = £750.09 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,142.27
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    ...Does any one know if money will be ok to be paid in now or wether i am best to wait till opening confirmation from them?

If you have the account numbers and sort codes you can pay into them straight away.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    If you have the account numbers and sort codes you can pay into them straight away.

thanks, i have sent test payments and seems ok, so will send the rest over.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £750.09 overpaid as at April so YTD = £750.09 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,142.27
  • Richchad
    Richchad Posts: 536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone received any interest on the Tesco current accounts yet, I opened 2 on 24th July and was expecting interest to be paid a month later but nothing showing yet?

I didn't deposit the full £3000 in each account until 1st August but didn't think this would make any difference.

The £750 Standing Order transfers are set to rotate monthly starting on 1st September.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure