New jacket arrived with company logo on sleeve?

Options
13»

Comments

• Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2014 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Can the logo be removed without damaging the jacket or leaving stitch holes?

If it is stitched on you might be able to carefully remove it and steam out the stitch holes.

Alternatively remove the logo and replace it with a logo that you like that will cover any marks or holes.
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Avoriaz wrote: »
    Can the logo be removed without damaging the jacket or leaving stitch holes?

If it is stitched on you might be able to carefully remove it and steam out the stitch holes.

Alternatively remove the logo and replace it with a logo that you like that will cover any marks or holes.

It would be a dangerous thing to try and unstitch it (and would still not work as a gift).

The seller has responded 16 days after I requested a refund with 1 line... "Where is my jacket !!!!!!!!"

I was hoping he would be apologetic after waiting a week to post something with a 1 day dispatch, sending 1st class but charging more than Special Delivery, sending with mud on the sleeve, sending with a logo on the arm .. and then failing to respond to both my request for a refund and the case that was raised.

It is not the best way to make me want to return it to him after Ebay effectively awarded it to me. :(
    Be nice
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smashed wrote: »
    It would be a dangerous thing to try and unstitch it (and would still not work as a gift).

The seller has responded 16 days after I requested a refund with 1 line... "Where is my jacket !!!!!!!!"

I was hoping he would be apologetic after waiting a week to post something with a 1 day dispatch, sending 1st class but charging more than Special Delivery, sending with mud on the sleeve, sending with a logo on the arm .. and then failing to respond to both my request for a refund and the case that was raised.

It is not the best way to make me want to return it to him after Ebay effectively awarded it to me. :(

You might want to reply.
    The jacket will be forwarded to you when you supply packaging to return it. The cost for return will be £X. You have 14 days from today to pay the paypal invoice and supply the packaging. After 14 days the jacket will be sold/destroyed.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    smashed wrote: »

yes, you're right. you are under no obligation to return it as you won the case, but if you want to be fair, i'd respond as theonlywayisup has suggested, or tell him that he is free to arrange a courier to collect the jacket.

If he gets "funny", report him to ebay.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    yes, you're right. you are under no obligation to return it as you won the case, but if you want to be fair, i'd respond as theonlywayisup has suggested, or tell him that he is free to arrange a courier to collect the jacket.

If he gets "funny", report him to ebay.

The OP is required to make the item available for collection by the seller.
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • *In*need*of*advice*
    Options
    My company deal in liquidated stock and we do 'clear outs' of companies that have gone into liquidation. Quite often when clearing a premises it contains large quantities of 'uniform items' often logo'd up with the company name.

These are often top quality workwear - sometimes suits / sometimes overalls... I do sell then but always make it clear that it is 'logo'd in the description and take pics of the labels too.

The invoices are often with the uniform and some of the suits I have previously sold cost the company £150+ but I was selling them for £30.....A great way to get a cheap quality suit if you can unpick the the (often tiny) label from the jacket pocket, of the hip of the trousers...etc.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    The OP is required to make the item available for collection by the seller.

No they're not. Ebay ruled against the seller in the resolution of the case and refunded the OP, telling him he didn't have to return the item. The case is now closed. If the OP returns the jacket, it will be as a goodwill gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure