New jacket arrived with company logo on sleeve?

Options

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As OP wrote "a company logo" not the company logo I assumed it was say a Shell BP logo or similar, ie a corporate item of clothing. If it is a Galvin Green company logo then I'd not be so hastie in saying seller at fault.
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    As OP wrote "a company logo" not the company logo I assumed it was say a Shell BP logo or similar, ie a corporate item of clothing. If it is a Galvin Green company logo then I'd not be so hastie in saying seller at fault.

Guess I'm just not used to that sort of thing! If it's something totally random and unrelated I'd be rather annoyed
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is a corporate logo, not galvin green. It took over a week to arrive via special delivery too :(
    Cheers
    Be nice
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely complain. Something like that really should've been mentioned
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    smashed wrote: »
    It is a corporate logo, not galvin green. It took over a week to arrive via special delivery too :(
    Cheers

I send special delivery items that take a week. The special is for the insurance cover and no relation to speed.

If it stated over a week then the method of posting is irrelevant.
  • smashed
    Options
    techspec wrote: »
    I send special delivery items that take a week. The special is for the insurance cover and no relation to speed.

It said dispatched within 1 day on the listing though :)
    Be nice
  • smashed
    Options
    Ebay have refunded me as the seller did not respond at all.
    However, ebay did not ask me to return the jacket first, or been now the refund has been made. I therefore have the unused jacket and the refund, and the seller has neither.
    Is that normal? Is this what you get for being a bad seller? I assume the seller just ignored the case but what if the seller has been offshore and missed their emails?
    Be nice
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    smashed wrote: »
    Ebay have refunded me as the seller did not respond at all.
    However, ebay did not ask me to return the jacket first, or been now the refund has been made. I therefore have the unused jacket and the refund, and the seller has neither.
    Is that normal? Is this what you get for being a bad seller? I assume the seller just ignored the case but what if the seller has been offshore and missed their emails?

Yes, if the seller doesn't respond to a case, ebay will automatically refund the buyer, with no need to return the item.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    If the company logo on the arm is "The Red Arrows" or "Team F1" I would keep the shirt and wear it. If it is "Dyno-Rod", I would ditch it. :D
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    techspec wrote: »

SD is guaranteed next working day by 1pm - or earlier if you pay more. I find it extremely reliable, but if it fails to arrive when it should the sender can claim a full refund

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/special-delivery

I took the OP to mean that it was sent using SD because of its value but had delayed sending it for several days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure