New jacket arrived with company logo on sleeve?

I purchased a new without tags Galvin Green golf jacket from Ebay but it arrived a week later with a company logo on the arm. It kind of killed my gift idea to be honest. Would you raise a dispute if this was not mentioned in the listing or am I being overly sensitive about it? Personally, I would have definitely mentioned it if listing.

Thanks
Be nice

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,758
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If it wasn't in the description or very clearly photographed then yes, the jacket is not as described and you should get in touch with the seller and arrange a return.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Agreed, item not as described if logo not mentioned.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,933
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It depends what the company logo was as to whether I would keep it or not.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Absolutely not as described due to omission. I would imagine if company logo on it it was a freebie from that company.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,787
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Open a case for not as described. Seller either did not check it and see the logo or hoped they would get away with it. Either way open a case, remember to return fully tracked so no chance of it getting lost in the post and leave feedback once it is sorted based on how the seller responded. My Hermes would probably let you return this for £3 or £4 as there is no way of forcing the seller to refund your return postage.
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks all, glad you guys agree. Will open a case
    Be nice
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Just out of interest, could you see the logo in any way from the pictures?
    Pants
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    smashed wrote: »
    Thanks all, glad you guys agree. Will open a case

Don't forget to give the seller a chance to rectify the situation first- do not go straight to a case. Use the contact seller via the option 'other' to let seller know you are unhappy and want to return for a full refund.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No,the pics did not even hint at a logo. Yes soolin I have sent them a message to give them a chance. Nice to see you still frequent this sub forum after all these years :)
    Be nice
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    smashed wrote: »
    I purchased a new without tags Galvin Green golf jacket from Ebay but it arrived a week later with a company logo on the arm. It kind of killed my gift idea to be honest. Would you raise a dispute if this was not mentioned in the listing or am I being overly sensitive about it? Personally, I would have definitely mentioned it if listing.

Thanks

I've just had a google and all Galvin Green jackets have the Galvin Green logo quite prominent on one sleeve. Therefore, they may expect you to know there would be one hence omitting it. That is if it is the Galvin Green logo you don't like.
    If it was anything else it must look dreadful!
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure