We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Front garden finally finished - only took 9 1/2 years!

Options
Hello,

I am so pleased as I have finally finished my front garden. It has taken so long with lots of back breaking work, but all of the paths are in and everything is planted up and it looks lovely.

Just some of the back garden to finish now :rotfl:

Anyone else working on a garden project and if so how are you getting on?

spider

Comments

• azzabazza
    azzabazza Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options

Absolutely gorgeous!
  • Why_oh_why
    Why_oh_why Posts: 515 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I am so pleased as I have finally finished my front garden. It has taken so long with lots of back breaking work, but all of the paths are in and everything is planted up and it looks lovely.

Anyone else working on a garden project and if so how are you getting on?

spider

Pictures?? :D
  • Why_oh_why
    Why_oh_why Posts: 515 Forumite
    Options

Gorgeous colours :)
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello,

spider

If it's only taken you nine and a half years you must have skimped somewhere. Better go back and check. :cool:
  • Bunnygirl
    Bunnygirl Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Yes new front garden all going well paths going in very soon and small pond.

just need to work on lighting my sleeper path 4 kids stole some of my solar lights last night.
    I would like to be a glow-worm.
    A glow-worm's never glum.
    Its hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I Have Spoken your garden is lovely. You have some really nice plants. Also, the picture where you are sorting out your lawn drainage rings a bell with me. I have also dug every single part of the garden over and sometimes it just feels as though you are digging and digging and never anything else.

The reason it has taken so long is that we have also been fully renovating a house too (new electrics, windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom etc). It all costs money and takes time too, especially as we have done most of the work ourselves. We also have to take up the old tarmac drive, remove a concrete platform, move the oil tank etc so some major jobs before we could start putting in paths and then finally start planting. In the last couple of years I have had mobility problems so that has slowed my down too.

Like I Have Spoken our garden was pretty much empty of plants so lots of work to do to get things finished. Also, my garden is very large. The front alone is bigger than most peoples' back garden. I then have a small garden to one side of the house and then a large garden at the back.

I will take some photos this weekend.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 July 2014 at 5:15AM
    Options
    Bunnygirl wrote: »
    Yes new front garden all going well paths going in very soon and small pond.

just need to work on lighting my sleeper path 4 kids stole some of my solar lights last night.

Did they come into the garden to steal them or did they just reach into the garden? Also, do you know who the children are? I would be fuming.

What type of pond are you putting in? We have been trying to decide wether to have one in our back garden. We would like a wildlife pond, but as I have mobility issues I am not sure I could look after a sunken pond. However, we are having a new patio in the back garden and there will be lots of room for a raised pond.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2014 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Bunnygirl wrote: »

...leaving the rest of us intrigued to know the rest of that story...would we recognise the kids by the bruises on them (or they've been brought up okay, so we could probably hear their parents still telling them whatfor from here)?

Those children would be feeling very sorry for themselves one way and another if it were me they had stolen from...

Hopes my garden wont take as long to do, but it will cost me several thousand £s I estimate (ie because it includes some taking up of tarmac and turning back into "proper garden" on a part of it).
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,081 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Lovely see, lots of work gone in there. Our family moved to EK and I went to school there so knew it well. Awful soil and so wet too. Our front 'garden" was lower than our two neighbours and all the water drained into it.

Mind you I went back last year and almost didn't recognise the place, could hardly get to our first house as the roads had all been made one way and my beloved plantation is now all houses. Such is life.

Well done on your hard work hope you get some fine days and evenings to enjoy being in your garden.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure