What is the best game you have ever played?

Options

Comments

• fitz_the_viking
    Options
    had my choice sorted then read this and was ooooohhhhh, that was good, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh forgot about that one.

cant be one, top 5 are, skyrim, icewind dale. ff7. beautiful katamari. the first metal gear solid.
  • cdam
    cdam Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4, all other PES games since have been poor versions by comparison.

Currently enjoying destiny, was bought as a present for me and I never thought I would like this sort of game, but it has really grabbed me.

In the day Sensible World of Soccer ate up many post pub multi-player hours

But the grandaddy of them all CIV. CIV 1 & 2 I loved, but 3 took it forwards. 4 is good, haven't tried 5. (oh, I forgot Sim City..)
  • GhostWarrior
    Options
    CIV 2 without a doubt ate more hours of my life than any other game I've ever played lol... other than that, probably one/some of the RPGs from the PSone; FF7, Legend of Kartia, Grandia etc. or Secret of Evermore on the SNES. I haven't played very many games in recent years but I really enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series.
  • SueBee
    SueBee Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    The Last of Us is definitely my favourite. Best game ever. I usually hate horror titles - they terrify me.
    But it was worth the scares for an amazing story!
    I could have cried!
  • kermit2601
    Options
    Back in the day my favourites were:

Sensible Soccer (Amiga/Mega Drive)
    Destruction Derby (PS1) - I loved destroying the cars!!
    FFVII (PS1) - Although I got stuck on one particular bit :-(

Currently:
    Football Manager 2015 (Beta Version so far) (PC)
    FIFA 15 (PS4)
    The Last Of Us (PS3) - Normally don't get into these games but I did on PS3 version. Got my PS4 in a bundle with it but been hooked on FIFA too much to start TLOU but might do that when the OH is out on Saturday.

I've also got to recommend for any football fans, Football Chairman on Android/iOS. Start with minimal money, create a club, hire a manager etc. and build them up through non-league to Premiership/Champions League. It's sooooooo addictive!
  • SueBee
    SueBee Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    The last three games I finished were probably the best I have ever played: Last of Us, far Cry 3, and Final Fantasy 7.
    Went back to FF7 after having never quite finished it before.
    Glad I did - it's still a great game.
  • ineed
    ineed Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really hard to pick just one favourite, but I've played the Elder Scroll series (haven't played the first two yet but I picked up the PC boxset of the 5 games plus DLC, very reasonably priced from GAME so I will get around to it) the most so I guess they are my favourites.
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
  • Mercenary
    Options
    Can't choose just one.
    Thief Series, Deus Ex series (not so much Invisible War though), Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (landing on the Normandy beaches was incredible!), Minecraft, Far Cry 1 & 3 (not finished 3 yet), Skyrim (also not finished yet after over 200 hours), Fallout 3 (unfinished too), Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer (still playing), Dishonored............
  • captainhindsight_2
    Options
    Just got 'the evil within' it is very very good and is genuinely scary.
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • ruthkeith
    Options
    I am not an expert in PC or video gaming. But off late I have come across a number of mobile or online games which I like a lot. NFL GameDay Heroes is my current favorite as it has many mini games in it. So I can play whichever one I like instead of continuing with one. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure