IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New parking regulations at home...

Options

Comments

• Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2014 at 12:39AM
    Options
    Daniel_san wrote: »
    Update:

I didn't get my lease dropped off to me so will hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Also, I found on another thread forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t78136.html that UCS Parking may be owned by Warwick Estates Property Management....the managing agents for my block! Does anyone know if this is a fact please?
    I hoped we'd moved on to better management after getting rid of Solitaire/OM - owned by Theowall, who own the building itself after buying it from Bellway about 18 months after build finish.

Thanks!

You are kind of correct. Both UCS Parking Limited and Warwick Estates Property Management Ltd are owned by United Companies Ltd. The shareholders of United Companies Ltd are Jo and Craig Stevens.

I'd write to them pointing out you can see what a scam they are planning of enacting and that you remove yourself from any such scheme. You might also like to point out that the website for UCS Parking is illegal and that you will be reporting them to companies house ( the email address to do so is - [EMAIL="breaches@companieshouse.gov.uk"]breaches@companieshouse.gov.uk[/EMAIL] ).

EDIT - I'll add, they also own United Property Maintenance Ltd. You might like to watch out who wins any contracts for major maintenance works in your block - I'd bet my mortgage I know who will !!!!

Looks like a scam through and through to me.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Daniel_san
    Daniel_san Posts: 232 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2014 at 12:43AM
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Website, illegal in what way please? tbh I've not even looked on their website.

Thank you!

EDIT > Just looked. I guess it's the fact there is zero information about them on there?
  • Hot_Bring
    edited 14 July 2014 at 12:47AM
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Website, illegal in what way please? tbh I've not even looked on their website.

Thank you!

Any limited company publishing a website has to publish on the front page the company's registered address ( no PO Box numbers allowed ) and their company number.

Their website has neither. Jo and Craig look like chancers and scammers to me.

EDIT - wow, United Companies Ltd is a non-trading company making any company it owns also non-trading. You really need to get the authorities involved. There are some criminal acts going on here.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Oh greeeeat, another Solitaire/OM scenario it seems then! :(
    Already had 5+ years of management giving contracts to companies connected with management and the building owners, including works which were not needed!

We finally got rid of them and looks like we have another agent with their own agenda... *sigh*

Thanks for the additional info too. We've just had year end accounts, so I'll request all invoices and take a look at who is doing what here these days.
  • Hot_Bring
    Options
    Oh greeeeat, another Solitaire/OM scenario it seems then! :(
    Already had 5+ years of management giving contracts to companies connected with management and the building owners, including works which were not needed!

We finally got rid of them and looks like we have another agent with their own agenda... *sigh*

Thanks for the additional info too. We've just had year end accounts, so I'll request all invoices and take a look at who is doing what here these days.

I highly recommend using the companies house email address I posted. They really are very good. IMHO here's what you should do :

1. Write to the MAs removing yourself from the scheme
    2. Point out that you know how all the companies are connected ( and name the companies and owners ) and that you know they have broken the law ( don't tell them how quite yet )
    3. Inform all your neighbours of these facts
    4. Report them to Companies House
    5. Consider as residents buying the freehold
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Gets better all the time huh!

Thanks loads for your help, I really do appreciate it!

I'll get my copy lease tomorrow evening I hope and check what it says about the parking situation and then report back and follow the advice given by everyone.

Thanks everyone!
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might also tell the management company that you are aware that leaseholders have the right to take over the management of the building.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Need to know exactly what Third Schedule 27 1.1 - 27 1.3 says. It could be relevant.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    The letter (by the way it is written) infers that the bullets are those schedule items. It's worth checking that this actually is the case.
  • Daniel_san
    Options
    Thanks again for the replies. Apologies for my lack of response during this week. I've just got hold of my lease now.
    bazster wrote: »
    You might also tell the management company that you are aware that leaseholders have the right to take over the management of the building.

We have RTM since around May 2013. Warwick assisted us with the process on the basis we used them for the 1st year of RTM. They've been better than Solitaire/OM so far, I think...

Need to know exactly what Third Schedule 27 1.1 - 27 1.3 says. It could be relevant.

I've got the lease now, so will attempt to add the image link below.

bod1467 wrote: »
    The letter (by the way it is written) infers that the bullets are those schedule items. It's worth checking that this actually is the case.

I see what you mean, and agree, but it seems not quite... see attachment, if it lets me now (how many posts do I need before I can attach / link?).

Nope, I can't post this as an image link, but here is what the lease says srbpower.com/dandan/lease-parking-space.jpg

Thanks for your assistance everyone. I hope you don't think my lack of reply during this week suggests I'm not grateful for your help on this matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure