🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Keeping child off school because it's their birthday!

Options

Comments

• ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Exactly; those in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone. Fed up with reading all this 'bad parenting' rubbish on here from the holier than thou bunch. I'm taking my DD out of school first week of September because it's cheaper to holiday so she will miss her first week in a new class in the upper school. Shock horror, stone me to death now for my atrocious parenting.

I take my hat off to you for being honest, as I think a there are a minority of people on here talk out of their backsides.

Sometimes I can't believe my eyes. Not just on here though, there is a 'cheap budget meals' facebook page, where people share cheap meal ideas - where earlier on today, a young mother posted some pizzas she had made with her children.

She made the apparently dastardly error of using TINNED hotdogs

OMG the uproar it caused. People started actually swearing at this poor woman. Oh Lordy
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • ska_lover
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Peter333 wrote: »
    No, that is too harsh. But you SHOULD have your kids taken off you! :rotfl:

I am joking of course. :D

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Peter you always crack me up.

I don't know what it is about your posts, but they do often bring about an end to some hysterical sillyness that goes on
  • trollopscarletwoman
    Options
    Schools seems to be going totally off the scale when it comes to a bit of time off.

Its almost as if taking a week off is going to finish your chances in life.

Though I will always support the right to strike, goose and gander and all that.

Besides, due to ill health I didn't attend school for 5 years. Had home tuition 2 hours per day. Sat my 'o' levels in the house. Still went to university.
  • Peter333
    Peter333 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    ska_lover wrote: »
    I take my hat off to you for being honest, as I think a there are a minority of people on here talk out of their backsides.

Sometimes I can't believe my eyes. Not just on here though, there is a 'cheap budget meals' facebook page, where people share cheap meal ideas - where earlier on today, a young mother posted some pizzas she had made with her children.

She made the apparently dastardly error of using TINNED hotdogs

OMG the uproar it caused. People started actually swearing at this poor woman.

Oh dear LOL. We have them sometimes AND wait-for-it........ POT NOODLES! :rotfl:

I agree - some people can be very judgemental and rather critical of others, in all kinds of ways: from what they eat, to what they read, and where they go on holiday to what they watch on tv, and the newspaper they read.

I know someone who thinks that they are a better class than people who watch Big Brother and TOWIE. She thinks only CHAVS watch this kind of tv (her words not mine, sorry...)

SO judgemental!

Live and let live is what I say. :)
    You didn't, did you? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Peter333
    Peter333 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    ska_lover wrote: »
    Peter you always crack me up.

I don't know what it is about your posts, but they do often bring about an end to some hysterical sillyness that goes on

Thank you Ska Lover. If I bring a smile to someone's face, that makes my day. :D
    You didn't, did you? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Buzzybee90
    Buzzybee90 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Other than my cousin it's not something I've ever thought people did, taking a single day off seems rather unusual to me. That said if someone took a day off on it's own how do people know the reason as I never knew when birthdays were?

We both do it, take day off for anniversary too. My boyfriend takes single days often, for anything from football to just fancying it. That's what it's there for :)
  • alias*alibi
    alias*alibi Posts: 552 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2014 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Thanks peter333 and ska lover; some people on this thread and other MSE threads should be embarrassed and ashamed of their finger pointing and snide remarks. At the end of the day we all have to wipe our own backsides so they need to get a life. Sad individuals who are actually no better than bullies.

PS my daughter loves super noodles, pot noodles and processed ham and is probably healthier, fitter and slimmer than most kids of the masses on here; not that they would ever admit that of course.
  • ska_lover
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Peter333 wrote: »
    Oh dear LOL. We have them sometimes AND wait-for-it........ POT NOODLES! :rotfl:

I agree - some people can be very judgemental and rather critical of others, in all kinds of ways: from what they eat, to what they read, and where they go on holiday to what they watch on tv, and the newspaper they read.

I know someone who thinks that they are a better class than people who watch Big Brother and TOWIE. She thinks only CHAVS watch this kind of tv (her words not mine, sorry...)

SO judgemental!

Live and let live is what I say. :)

I agree, live and let live

Newpaper snobbery that reminds me of something

Last week, Morrisons did a £5 voucher in the sun newspaper - and on this facebook forum, 99% of people were quick to add that they had quickly ripped the voucher out of the newspaper and averted their eyes as they aren't sun readers - and threw the paper in the bin without casting their eyes on it as they felt the words were 'dumbed down' for the audience

I read mine. Unfortunately Rolf Harris's was in the news that day, and his fizzog put me off my pot noodle hahaha. I would read any - esp if they have a voucher in them haha
  • Buzzybee90
    Buzzybee90 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Exactly; those in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone. Fed up with reading all this 'bad parenting' rubbish on here from the holier than thou bunch. I'm taking my DD out of school first week of September because it's cheaper to holiday so she will miss her first week in a new class in the upper school. Shock horror, stone me to death now for my atrocious parenting.

I think the school stuff comes mainly from the teachers on here. They're teachers at the end of the day, not the parents.
  • moomoomama27
    moomoomama27 Posts: 3,823 Forumite
    Options
    Buzzybee90 wrote: »
    I think the school stuff comes mainly from the teachers on here. They're teachers at the end of the day, not the parents.

You can be both you know!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family