My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi Nats

Just popping by to see how you're doing. I too have had a bug which has finally turned into a chest infection :( got anti biotics from the Dr as it's been hanging around since the beginning of September, saw the Dr then and was told it's a viral thing and will go of its own accord! I struggle with cold/flu type of bugs as I'm asthmatic :(

We're looking at changing from V1rg1n too, we're looking for providers that offer the same BroadBand, we are all internet junkies here!

Much love and hope you start to feel better soon x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon All! Thanks for popping by!

Money in from EE = 40p! Not sure why, but gonna take the 32p bonus anyway! lol

ES.... it's (kinda) reassuring to know my OH isn't the only one like it! It is sooo frustrating though! We keep our finances separate apart from the 'household' account that covers all the house bills (rent, G&E, BB+phone+TV package, council tax, TV licence, annual contents insurance, water in and out, and the cats monthly plan). We each put a fixed amount in here so I know 'the essentials' are covered. We each pay £40 a month into the 'holiday pot' - our DD for NT comes from here too (as it is used for days out).
    We each pay for our own mobiles and car tax from our own current accounts; I also pay my car warranty (inc breakdown cover) from mine.
    Everything else goes on the CC.... so that's all food, fuel, clothes, presents, decorating, car insurance etc and it is cleared monthly! I identify things that are for us individually (such as my hair cuts, or if OH has bought a jumper), tot these up and then split all the joint bits. I struggle with getting the money from OH for his share - not because he doesn't have it, but because it just doesn't register as important!! - I don't have the time nor inclination to run pots for everything, but would like to set them up for Christmas and car insurance as these are 2 big chunks annually (although Christmas expenditure is reducing annually!) I do think the key to solving this is to get OH to agree to send me a chunk of money on payday each month... by SO ideally so he doesn't have to remember to send it and I don't have the stress of chasing him. Got to be a win win situation for both of us (especially me!!)

KD - sorry to hear you have been poorly too! Mine was definitely a virus. I would say that I am almost back to normal now - so much so that I am hoping to make it to circuits tomorrow night. Hope the AB's kick in and you feel better soon! xxx
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Miracles DO happen - no, not OH and his money (I am sick of reminding him and thinking about it for him for now)…. but I got home and the magnolia tree in the front garden has gone!! YAY! Maybe it was the scathing, last-chance email I sent the chap on Monday! ;O)

Been thinking about the shed for the garden. I reckon we're looking at £1200 for the shed (inc installation) and then more on top to do the base. We can cover the cost of the groundworks but the shed cost is a bit of a chunk - especially getting closer to Christmas.
    So.... I think I might apply for a 0% purchase CC for the shed and then run the balance down over the duration of the 0% period.
    Thinking along the lines of (not factoring in decreasing repayments and using nice round numbers).....
    • Minimum monthly repayment on £1200 @ approx. 2% of balance = £24 / month
    • To clear £1200 in anticipated 0% period of 28 months = £42.86 / month
    • So... each pay £25 / month into an Account = £50 / month. Pay out £24 and earn interest on the residual £26 / month and have the balance sat there to clear balance just before 0% runs out + anything left over is a nice bonus!! (We would have paid in the £1200 4 months before the 0% expires so, if I run it for the full 28 months we get a 'savings pot' of £200 + the interest earned on everything we paid in over the 28 months.... or we could stop paying in at month 24, but as OH will have agree to it and set up a SO I am tempted to run it for the full duration!)
    Makes perfect sense in my head!

Right, that's my thoughts for the day down in black and white (and grey)… I'm off to withdraw £2.50 from Q.co!!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Afternoon All!

It is Friday and my weekend off work! YAY! Can't wait! Really fancy lazing in bed tomorrow morning, but OH is off to work for a few hours, so I shall be sensible and not waste this time... will write a full list out when I get home this evening but it will definitely include changing our bedding, general clothes washing, vacuuming, tidying away already washed clothes and going through the shoe cupboard! NEED to sit down and sort G&E supplier and I think (whilst I'm in the mood) I will ring v1rg1n to haggle.
    Oh, the joys! Would be more restful to come to work!

CC all paid on time - do need to work on getting money out of OH on payday though... don't see why I should be the one getting stressed, when no one needs to be stressed! I shall work on him over the weekend! Having had a quick look, our average CC bill is around £900 each a month. This is way too much!!! Gulp! First key area to reduce is food shopping - I will look at what we spend in this area over the next week or two and come up with a suitable plan of reduction!

Out for dinner last night with OH and DSS and DSS's brother (complicated our family!) - managed to locate a 33% off food discount code so the bill for 4 was £54.

I actually feel back to 'normal' for the first time in almost 3 weeks. Was a little worried that circuits on Weds may have triggered a bit of a flair up (as it has before), but all is good.

Noticed last night that although tree/bush has gone from the front garden, the stump is still there which is not what was planned. Hadn't noticed until last night as I am not that observant in the mornings and it has been virtually dark by the time I have got home after work.

Known planned spends for the weekend = cat food approx. £15.00 and food shopping approx. £60.00. Might order some reflective cat collars too. They are both black and with the nights becoming longer I do worry that they just won't be seen!!

Happy weekend folks!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Oh, forgot to mention.... OH managed to pick up a screw in one of my car tyres this morning. Temporarily repaired but new tyre ordered! Lovely! Not!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi Nats

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with V.

I'm feeling quite a bit better, I'm going to see how I am over the weekend, might have to go back to the Dr for steroids :(

Sorry to hear you struggle to get OH to pay up, I used to struggle with my H2B giving me his share, I hated having to ask for it, he's set up a SO now, but it took a while to get there!

Hope your housework goes well, I'll be doing the same!
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!
    Still sunny down here - but a little cooler this morning!
    The weekend went far too quickly and I am back at work! Boo :(
    OH didn't go to work Sat as he managed to get most of what he needed to do done on Friday... needless to say he completely scuppered my plans. We managed to get all the washing done and dried (combination of washing line and finishing it in the tumble), bedding stripped and re-made and the hoovering. We went out and saw 'a man about a shed'. Decision to be made between a shed or a workshop.... approx. £800 difference between the two - but a huge difference in structure and lastability1 They can't install anything until Jan at the earliest, so it is looking like the garden will look like a bomb site until March or April! We got cat food (pouches and crunchies) and did a shop at L1dl. We always seem to come away from there with "extras" - ok, so this time it was only a brush and comb for the cats.... but OH is a nightmare for "Oooh, look at that - that would be handy!" lol

Visited my parents (mum + SD) yesterday and then went for a walk round the nearby nature reserve as the weather was just so nice. Nothing like walking near the sea when the sun is shining and there is a chill in the air!

Sooo… this weeks "to do" list is.....
    • sort G&E
    • phone v1rg1n
    • shoe cupboard sort
    • book hotel for 1 night away in November
    • print out CC statement as soon as it lands and get OH to schedule payment for pay day (Friday).
    I think that is it from me for now. I'll be back if anything interesting happens xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options

Sooo… this weeks "to do" list is.....
    • sort G&E new supplier found, but website is rubbish and they are only open during office hours - one to complete tomorrow!
    • phone v1rg1n
    • shoe cupboard sort
    • book hotel for 1 night away in November done PI booked for night away.
    • print out CC statement as soon as it lands and get OH to schedule payment for pay day (Friday).

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    G&E supplier changed - gave up online and spoke to a human in the end! Switch date 14/11 and I have a timetable of what should happen + when before hand. Projected saving saving £20.12 / month which is not to be sniff at and it is (apparently) 100% green energy which makes me feel all fuzzy! lol

I have cancelled circuits this morning as I slept weirdly last night and woke up with a shoulder/neck spasm. Driving is bad enough let alone a workout! Oh well!

Cats new collars arrived yesterday - will put them on them tonight …. at least they will be seen at night!

And that's it for now xxx
  • natsplatnat
    edited 26 October 2018 at 5:04PM
    Options
    Morning!
    Happy nearly payday! It's Monday this month as the 28th falls on Sunday... boo!
    In better news the cashback on my car insurance became confirmed this morning, so along with a couple of other bits I have just withdrawn £62.50. Nice!
    Neck and shoulder still a bit wafty but getting better! Ibuprofen definitely helps, but I think it lowers my already low blood pressure leaving me a bit wobbly.
    Cats collars are on and they are brilliant. However, Gizmo (smallest of the two sisters) had a bit of a scrap yesterday and has a poorly ear... checked it this morning it's ok and doesn't appear to be troubling her. Will keep an eye on her over the weekend.
    Had a quick look at the last 2 CC statements last night (latest one is just in!) to compare our supermarket spends. Whipped them both into a spreadsheet (as you do!) and the scores on the doors for food/drinks spends (supermarket / shop only not eating out)….
    Sept £755.00
    Oct £494.00

We had already decided to rein in the food spending a bit (before knowing exactly what we were spending) and it does seem to have had a positive impact dropping from around £180 a week to £121. I'm all up for saving around £240 a month on food so let's not let it go up again!
    Nothing exciting planned for the weekend - as far as I know! Working tomorrow which I could do without but never mind!
    Have a great weekend all!
    Nats x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback