Lost passport. Where shall I look?

Options

Comments

• Mands
    Mands Posts: 745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Okay, so I realise none of you know where my passport is, however for those of you who have had the misfortune of losing yours (or a similar item) I will be forever grateful if you could let me know where/how it turned up. It might just be that mine is hiding in a similar location which I haven't yet thought of. :o

Muchos thanks.

LMT

My mum lost hers a week before a holiday. Luckily she managed to get a replacement in time.

Months and months later she was looking for a gift bag to put a present in and looked in the cupboard where she kept that sort of thing. She found her passport inside a small cardboard bag which had been folded flat. Because the passport was thin when the bag was folded the card from the two sides plus the knots from the handles of the bag made it seem like the bag was empty.

I hope you manage to track it down,
    Mands
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine wa in my OH's rain jacket as he used it to collect a parcel for me when it was raining.
  • ladeeda
    ladeeda Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Underwear drawer or fridge. That's where everything ends up... does the winner (finder) get a prize?

;)
  • apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    Have you checked all of your handbags? Have you used it for a job interview recently, DBS check, banking? Do you have a pile/ folder of paperwork with your bank documents that it could have got mixed up in? Bookcase? Every coat and jacket pocket? Every suitcase/ travel bag x
  • apesxx
    apesxx Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    Would you have out it on the fireplace/mantle? Is there a gap? Could it have fallen down the back?
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I found mine with some paperwork I'd taken to a solicitors for ID.

Somebody I worked with joined our company, having previously left a sister company to go travelling about 18 months before. When she'd left, she left a handbag behind and they hung onto it. When she joined our company, the other people sent her bag over. Inside it was her driving licence! She shoved this in her new bag along with the replacement one she'd got because she couldn't find the other one. A policeman had a very stern word with her a few months later when he stopped her and found she had two driving licences in her bag!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• bess1234_2
    bess1234_2 Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    After pulling the house apart in a panic, I went back to where it should be , pulled all the giant heavy drawers out, and lo and behold it sat winking at me on the floor at the back of the dresser. With everything else I'd lost .

Good luck.
  • slightlyconfused1
    Options
    Try looking where you keep the birth certificates or where you keep the spare chargers (I found ds shinty glove there.)
  • venetianlagoon
    Options
    Has it turned up yet?
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I missed a trip to Prague last year, forgot to check I had my passport. Turned the house upside down looking for it, nowhere to be found and I couldn't go.

The passport turned up in Canada.

I realise I could leave the story there, but probably fairer to add an ex had 'accidentally' taken it. Hmm. I wasn't a happy bunny!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure