Lost passport. Where shall I look?

Options

Comments

• atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My carry on luggage has a deep zipped pocket that I've put my passport in a couple of times. Try under/behind the bed/chest of drawers/dressing table etc they can easily slip down behind pieces of furniture and the wall next to them.
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I once lost mine for a few days then found it on my computer scanner. I forgot that I'd scanned it for something that needed a proof of ID.

Normally it is kept in a "travel drawer" with my spare foreign currency, travel insurance, EHIC cards, plug adaptors, airline/hotel loyalty cards and other bits and bobs.
  • LittleMrsThrifty
    Options
    Thank you all. I feel like I've looked everywhere but will look again and will try to do it more systematically as at the moment the house looks like the kids tv show 'Finders Keepers'.

Please do keep your suggestions coming. I have checked everywhere obvious so now I am on to the obscure. I promise to look everywhere that is suggested (unless someone mentions the sewers) and if providing a prize doesn't go against MSE rules then I'd be very happy to show my appreciation!

If it makes any difference I *think* it was last used as ID rather than travel.

I have learned my lesson.
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
  • chris_n_tj
    chris_n_tj Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kicked under the bed when unpacking x
    RIP TJ. You my be gone, but never forgotten. Always in our hearts xxx
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Someone I now lost theirs and they found it down the back of a draw.
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Options
    How long ago are we talking since last trip ? And was it a warm holiday or cold holiday ?
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If it was last used as ID can you remember what for? It could be with whatever paperwork you have relating to that
    Good luck :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of travel last year. Stockholm, Milan, Paris, New York, Stevenage and more.

Paris nearly didn't happen. No passports the night before travel. Where were they? We'd definitely had them after getting back from Italy.

Drawers out. Loft searched. Furniture moved. Paper recycling bin emptied. Shredder checked. Piles of washing sifted. Bed moved. Bags and suitcases searched. Car nooks and crannies checked.

After 4 hours we'd given up and accepted defeat. I was busy researching other ways to get a passport and get to Paris on a Saturday. The latter was possible. The former wasn't.

Then my son let out a yelp of excitement. They were in the fruit bowl underneath a handful of Pink Lady Apples. TFFT.

Where could you have put them down when you got in, tired, and in need of a cuppa?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In your wage slip folder if you needed your passport for applying for a mortgage etc

Amongst your holiday brochures?

In the bag you used in your last holiday as hand luggage.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    Options
    Accidentally caught in a book that you were reading on your last trip.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure