Lost passport. Where shall I look?

Options

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cte1111 wrote: »
    Behind your radiator (my friend found hers there once, worth a try)

Your friend found her passport behind the OP's radiator?
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My untidy disorganised brother once missed a whole holiday due to not finding the passport. He hadn't checked in advance of packing because he knew that he had had it in the past 2-3 weeks. He never has found it to this day (after more than 10 years). Decided that he must have picked it up with a bundle of old newspapers and thrown it out.

Do you remember how long ago you last needed it?
  • sazaccount
    sazaccount Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    under your bed??
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    If your Mum is still alive, ring her and ask.

Mine always was able to track down anything I lost within 30 seconds ! lol
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's in the last place you look for it.....
  • LittleMrsThrifty
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I will spend today double checking all these locations.

I think I used it at the bank a in February and I think I then put it with a pile of papers which I thought I then put in the cupboard where such items live.

I really, really will learn from this. I have already set aside a special passport place. Now all it needs is a passport!
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
  • SaLoGo
    SaLoGo Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I lost mine twice... first time I actually had to get a new one after booking a last minute holiday, came home and found it at the bottom of my wardrobe! Don't ask, I don't know!

2nd time, it was in an old handbag I had used for an interview, along with my birth certificate and some bills!

Search one room at a time and divide the room into sections to thoroughly search :)
    :beer: Been smoke free for 4 years!! :beer:
  • Grumpygit
    Grumpygit Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    I totally sympathise with you having just gone through this with my daughter's passport. She came back from France at Easter after visiting my parents and needed it for a school trip in a few weeks time.

I looked everywhere (as we usually do keep them in one place) and hubby knew I was looking for it eventually, he came up with the idea....what about her coat pockets?? And it was there (she hadn't used the coat since she got back) I'd also been down to get new passport forms and didn't fancy the cost of fast tracking it (or the nerves waiting to see if I had it back!)

Anyway.......if you used it for ID, what sort of ID was it? Did you have to go to somewhere where they needed to scan it or copy it? Have they kept it by mistake?

Has it got mixed up with other paperwork or is in an envelope (and you're looking for the passport so not noticing what's inside things?)

Good luck on the treasure hunt :)
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Were do you put those pile of papers before putting away?

on the fridge, on the microwave, on a cupboard somewhere etc etc.

If any of the above have you looked under/behind all of them
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I second asking St Anthony - "St Anthony, St Anthony, return that which is mine".

Have you a passport cover on it? Did you take it out of the cover if needed for ID? Has it a new cover you've forgotten about and you've actually seen the passport but discounted it as it wasn't maroon?

Think back to what you used it for ID for. What time of the year? What would you likely to have been wearing? Do you change your bag based on the time of year? Have you got all the other papers you used at the same time?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure