Santander 123 Card...AVOID!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
32 replies 4.9K views
124»

Replies

• Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened a 123 Current Account a year ago. I've received £93.50 cash back on my standing orders, and paid £24 in fees, so £69.50 free money. No complaints here.

As I do all my transactions on line, customer service is not an issue.

I've also had a good amount of interest, and have just taken out the 123 credit card.

Obviously, I will look at my first monthly statement to make sure the DD is in place, but I've already set this up on line and had written confirmation, so I expect it will be. But if its not, no problem, I will just set up an e payment.

I know Santander have historically had a bad reputation for customer service, and I expect they have had problems in the past merging their various IT and admin systems. Personally, I think they are great. I don't understand how they are making any money on their 123 products, but I'm happy to reap the rewards while I can.
  • Mr_GoodkatMr_Goodkat Forumite
    432 Posts
    Never had a problem with Santander but then I do manage everything possible online and can't remember the last time I had to either speak to them on the phone or go into the branch.

I use the 123 account as a savings vehicle and for paying my cash back qualifying DDs in addition I use the 123 credit card for my first £300 travel spend each month and for any department store spend getting 3% and 2% respectively.

All in all very happy that Santander pay me for spending money through direct debit or the credit card and give me a decent 3% interest on savings as well.

The interest rate may not be market leading but paying interest up to £20k, good cash back rates on direct debits and the credit card cash back I do very well out of Santander for only £2 per month per product.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals