Santander 123 Card...AVOID!!

in Credit Cards
32 replies 4.9K views
124»

Replies

• Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened a 123 Current Account a year ago. I've received £93.50 cash back on my standing orders, and paid £24 in fees, so £69.50 free money. No complaints here.

As I do all my transactions on line, customer service is not an issue.

I've also had a good amount of interest, and have just taken out the 123 credit card.

Obviously, I will look at my first monthly statement to make sure the DD is in place, but I've already set this up on line and had written confirmation, so I expect it will be. But if its not, no problem, I will just set up an e payment.

I know Santander have historically had a bad reputation for customer service, and I expect they have had problems in the past merging their various IT and admin systems. Personally, I think they are great. I don't understand how they are making any money on their 123 products, but I'm happy to reap the rewards while I can.
  • Mr_GoodkatMr_Goodkat Forumite
    432 Posts
    Never had a problem with Santander but then I do manage everything possible online and can't remember the last time I had to either speak to them on the phone or go into the branch.

I use the 123 account as a savings vehicle and for paying my cash back qualifying DDs in addition I use the 123 credit card for my first £300 travel spend each month and for any department store spend getting 3% and 2% respectively.

All in all very happy that Santander pay me for spending money through direct debit or the credit card and give me a decent 3% interest on savings as well.

The interest rate may not be market leading but paying interest up to £20k, good cash back rates on direct debits and the credit card cash back I do very well out of Santander for only £2 per month per product.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide