Posting photos from an iPad

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
14 replies 1.5K views
PyxisPyxis Forumite
46.1K Posts
10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Is it possible to post photos from an iPad?

I have downloaded the Photobucket for iPad app, and have tried using every code option provided on the app, but when I try to post a photo, the preview shows only a little empty box or some letters.

The iPad is my only computer. Can I assume I simply cannot post photos, or is there something else I can try?
(I just lurve spiders!)
INFJ(Turbulent).
Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
I love :eek:

Replies

• captainhindsight_2captainhindsight_2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Is it possible to post photos from an iPad?

I have downloaded the Photobucket for iPad app, and have tried using every code option provided on the app, but when I try to post a photo, the preview shows only a little empty box or some letters.

The iPad is my only computer. Can I assume I simply cannot post photos, or is there something else I can try?

What are you trying to post photos onto?
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onto a reply to a post on a thread, like this one.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Never having seen an ipad, I can't comment on what the photobucket app is.

I do know however that MSE will only display photo's that are linked from a photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Tinypic.
    You need to upload your photo to a site like that then use the link that the site gives you (for sharing) and post that link onto this site.

It will either be a 'direct' link which you then post as a url in the space provided in the box when you click on the yellow icon with the mountain in it
    insertimage.gif
    or an 'img' link which you post directly onto the page where you want the picture.

I personally use the direct link.
  • captainhindsight_2captainhindsight_2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see why you couldn't, you definitely can from android but don't know about iPad.

I do know you're very restricted with an iPad in what you can do so maybe not.

You have to copy and paste the url code not upload it from your device into the post, so it has to be uploaded elsewhere first and then when you click insert image it asks for the url code which you can just paste in here and that should work
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see why you couldn't, you definitely can from android but don't know about iPad.

I do know you're very restricted with an iPad in what you can do so maybe not.

You have to copy and paste the url code not upload it from your device into the post, so it has to be uploaded elsewhere first and then when you click insert image it asks for the url code which you can just paste in here and that should work

Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing! I uploaded my photos onto Photobucket, ( Photobucket for iPad), then copied and pasted the code - and I tried all the code options provided - but it still doesn't work.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• edited 27 May 2014 at 1:20PM
    martin2345ukmartin2345uk Forumite
    781 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 May 2014 at 1:20PM
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing! I uploaded my photos onto Photobucket, ( Photobucket for iPad), then copied and pasted the code - and I tried all the code options provided - but it still doesn't work.

Can you paste in this thread an example of what the "code" looks like exactly?

I have posted off the iOS Photobucket app and it works ok for me!
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    torbrex wrote: »
    or an 'img' link which you post directly onto the page where you want the picture.

I personally use the direct link.

Ah! Now, I was using the image icon to paste the URL address into., so I tried using the 'img' option and pasting directly onto the page, and it worked!

Not been told that before, so thank you, Torbrex! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    th_540483f6304e648f2963b2d3cd5d15ab_zpsd34ef89c.jpg

Have a cinnamon whirl on me!:rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The next thing you need to learn is how to re-size your pictures so that they don't stretch the page for everyone, that pic was OK but be carefull otherwise you will get complaints :p
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    torbrex wrote: »
    The next thing you need to learn is how to re-size your pictures so that they don't stretch the page for everyone, that pic was OK but be carefull otherwise you will get complaints :p

There were two 'img' options; one was normal, and when I previewed it, it was largish, the other was a thumbnail option, which I used here. I assume the thumbnail is the one to use most of the time? Or a least to preview the post first, to ensure the size is ok?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals