IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ParkingEye Get the Chop in St Albans Court: No Standing

Options

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    That would seem to describe PE's actions perfectly.

Indeed. His Lordship must've been clairvoyant.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Prankster has now updated his Sample Defence, to include a reference to this case and other recent cases, with some of the older ones dropping off the page:
    http://www.parking-prankster.com/sample-defence.html

New users, please note: This is a sample, and should not be copied verbatim. You must:
    1. Include facts relevant to your particular incident.
    2. Make sure you read the document thoroughly, and understand it.
    3. Be able to expand on the arguments when you get in front of a Judge, and be able to answer questions about it.

We've had incidents in the past, of people who think they can swan about tapping a few keys on their smartphones, and it will all be all right when they get to court. It won't. Those clueless muppets are like rabbits in the headlights when Judges start asking questions, and like those rabbits, they end up as roadkill.

Don't let that be you.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    I can't seem to access either of the sample defences. Anybody know what I need to do?
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are Microsoft Word documents. You got MS Word?
    Je suis Charlie.
  • ColliesCarer
    edited 14 May 2014 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Thanks Bazster - yep tried that - just get a doc of unknown filetype when it downloads and when I try to open it with word just get an unreadable document with a corrupted/unrecognised font and an option box that says select the encoding that will make your file readable. I'll see if I get same result on my laptop - could be my puter. Cheers
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Bazster - yep tried that - just get a doc of unknown filetype when it downloads and when I try to open it with word just get an unreadable document with a corrupted/unrecognised font and an option box that says select the encoding that will make your file readable. I'll see if I get same result on my laptop - could be my puter. Cheers

What version of Word? These are Word 2007 format, if you have an earlier version there is a free reader you can download from Microsoft.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • ColliesCarer
    Options
    I'm on 2007 and it downloads ok from my laptop so must be a problem on my desktop. Thanks for your help :)
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    kirkbyinfurnesslad_2 Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2014 at 6:28AM
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    The Prankster has now updated his Sample Defence, to include a reference to this case and other recent cases, with some of the older ones dropping off the page:
    http://www.parking-prankster.com/sample-defence.html

New users, please note: This is a sample, and should not be copied verbatim. You must:
    1. Include facts relevant to your particular incident.
    2. Make sure you read the document thoroughly, and understand it.
    3. Be able to expand on the arguments when you get in front of a Judge, and be able to answer questions about it.

We've had incidents in the past, of people who think they can swan about tapping a few keys on their smartphones, and it will all be all right when they get to court. It won't. Those clueless muppets are like rabbits in the headlights when Judges start asking questions, and like those rabbits, they end up as roadkill.

Don't let that be you.

You couldn't have summed it better then that.
    https://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk

I would also suggest people spell and grammar check their defence statements. Judges dislike bad grammar!
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

When I click, they are .pdf documents. Do you have the latest version of Adobe?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would also suggest people spell and grammar check their defence statements. Judges dislike bad grammar!

LOL, kifl! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport