The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• stepuptothepl8
    Options
    18????!?!?! That's so quick!!

I did trailwalker last weekend (100km nonstop).. & I've been having dizzy spells since. Anybody got any experience? I'm drinking and eating lots. Obviously still tired, although my legs feel ok. GP has arranged blood tests tomorrow.
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thought I had best catch up with this thread...

36 mile race completed. I would say successfully but it wasn't quite as I had cramp from mile 15 through to the finish. But still managed to come in 5th not a total disaster. But I will be entering again next year to have a go again hopefully without the cramp next time.

Relaxing week or so now, before the national 6 stage relays in September for me. Then back to long training for a hardmoors marathon in November.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done indecisiv!

I managed 5km with backache in the rain this morning...not much but done.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,657 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    impressive.
    I got woken at 4am this morning with cramp in both calves - I shot out of bed and fell over a dog! I can't imagine who hard it must have been to keep going.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    impressive.
    I got woken at 4am this morning with cramp in both calves - I shot out of bed and fell over a dog! I can't imagine who hard it must have been to keep going.

If there had been a marshal at 30 miles in, on the last climb I would have stopped there to be honest. I stood in the forest half way up and had a quick shout as I couldn't lift my legs to climb.
    Luckily I pulled myself together when I got to the top and got on with it albeit slowly and went through the last checkpoint and didn't drop out.
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Thought it about time to update here. Things are still moving in the right direction and my 10k time is now down in the 37:xx's
    Waiting until December for when I will start training properly for Manchester Marathon where I am hoping to go under 3hrs. But I will settle for getting the good for age time for London Marathon, so that I have the option of running that in 2019 or 20 if I want to.

I ran at the National XC Relays on Saturday in Mansfield, that was an eye opener with some really quick runners! I was only 4 mins slower than the fastest runner over 5k!!
  • spikyone
    spikyone Posts: 456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Thought it about time to update here. Things are still moving in the right direction and my 10k time is now down in the 37:xx's
    Waiting until December for when I will start training properly for Manchester Marathon where I am hoping to go under 3hrs. But I will settle for getting the good for age time for London Marathon, so that I have the option of running that in 2019 or 20 if I want to.

I ran at the National XC Relays on Saturday in Mansfield, that was an eye opener with some really quick runners! I was only 4 mins slower than the fastest runner over 5k!!

Congratulations on your times, great to hear they're still coming down. You have me slightly worried though, I was also aiming for a GFA next year, but your shorter runs are a fair bit quicker than mine! Surely a sub-3:00 is well within your sights running at 37:x for 10k?

I've managed a couple of half marathons in the past few months, the first in a low 1:31 but everyone seemed to agree that was more like 13.0 than the full 13.1, the second was just over 1:32, but around 0.05 long according to my watch. Both were almost exactly 7:00/mile pace. I was thinking that with more training and more focus on what I eat and drink, that a GFA (<3:05 for me) would be just about achievable. If I have a really good day.

Either way, good luck with the training and keep posting on here, I'm looking forward to hearing how it's going!
  • indesisiv
    edited 14 November 2017 at 11:20AM
    Options
    spikyone wrote: »
    Congratulations on your times, great to hear they're still coming down. You have me slightly worried though, I was also aiming for a GFA next year, but your shorter runs are a fair bit quicker than mine! Surely a sub-3:00 is well within your sights running at 37:x for 10k?

I am aiming for a sub 3. But that will be tough.
    My good for age is a 3:15 which I why I can aim for sub 3. I figure if it all falls to pieces then I should still hopefully make that.

ETA: To be honest I have not done any runs longer that 13 miles since Augusts 36 mile race until this weekend. Managed a 4:10 marathon (Well just slightly longer than a marathon) with about 1000m of ascent and some really deep mud so hopefully once I start training I will be ok. I really struggled towards the end of that race!
  • indesisiv
    Options
    Time to bring this up into 2018.

1 proper race done so far this year and took 5 mins of my PB for 10 miles with a 1:02:59 ...Glad I could see the clock down the finishing straight to sprint for that extra second.

Training has started for my marathon with a 14 mile effort with 6 miles @6:30 pace then 8 miles easy. On the right track as I went through 13 miles in 1:30:05 which when you take into account that I was running easy for the last 8 miles is quite good. Just need to figure out how to run an extra 13 miles on top at 6:50/mile.
  • KeepOnRunning
    Options
    London Marathon for me! I got in through the ballet so I know I'm very lucky. I hope to finish in under 4 hours but we'll see.
    I've got a couple of halfs and a 20 mile race to help with the normal weekly training so I hope London goes as well as I want it to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure