We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Giblet's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• giblet1979
    Options
    Night night hon - sleep well and painfree with sweet dreams x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• girlatplay
    Options
    giblet1979 wrote: »
    GAP - mine's a tea thanks. What biccies you got? ;)

Well, since they are a variety box of virtual biccies, whatever you want! Whatever anyone else wants too :)
    I have a great capacity for chocolate. In fact, I can eat so much it scares me. But I still do it...

I suffer from migraines occasionally, there is usually a trigger, caffeine and cheese so far (only started getting them in my 30's). I'm too scared to overdo the chocolate in case that causes one and then I would just be miserable :(:D
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    GAP that is an AWFUL trigger! I get both common and classic migraines; my trigger is cheese, but since I am allergic to dairy protein I shouldn't be eating that anyway. My other trigger, far worse than cheese is emotional stress. That has caused 3 migraines in 2 weeks for me over the past month.

Feel for anyone with migraines as they aren't nice and usually knock me to bed for a day or 2 in pitch black.

My biccie choice is chocolate fingers please ;) to dip in my tea - mmm
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Divingmad
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I suffer migraines too...triggers being stress, and something more unusual....combination of nuts and chocolate....separately not a problem, but put them together and I am on the train to migraineville!!!

Gib, why don't you hold a house party with a difference, we could all bring brooms, paintbrushes, trowels, etc, you supply the tea, biccies, paint, etc., we'll supply the labour....

Hope everyone is well

DM
    x
    I feel like a Pelican - everywhere I look there's a bill staring at me!LBM: March 2014 Current CC debt: £1384.85/£3666.53 (37.77% repaid) Current Challenges:Tilly Tidy: £1201.73/£2500 (48.07%) 3 to 6 month emergency fund #75: £922.97/£6000 (15.38%)
  • giblet1979
    Options
    Hey all,

I too can join the migraine club. Have had them ever since I was a child. What a bunch we are, hey? Hope you are all feeling ok today and that things aren't too bad in general. Cheese and chocolate would be killers to cut out - nuts, not so much, lol.

That is a fantastic idea DM - only problem is that I am so perfectionistic and interfering, that you would all either a) kill me or 2) refuse to work when I (nicely) suggest that you might not be doing it neat enough / carefully enough / exactly how I'd do it. My name is Giblet, and I am a perfectionaholic....

Seriously tho, it would be lovely to think that one day, we might actually meet up in person. I do have some reservations e.g. confidentiality, especially with work etc, but I know other people have managed it without problems, and you are just such fantastic peeps that I can imagine we'd have a right laugh. Maybe one day hey?

I think I'll have to do my own painting tho (and maybe DH under my close supervision. Last time, I followed behind him with a paintbrush in case he'd left any drips. I'm a nightmare, lol. There is one bit that still annoys me, and it has been there 4 months. I daren't sand it back as it's bare plaster under the paint!)

Busy day today at work, and visited the parents this evening so only just home. Might actually attempt an early night as very tired, but I do like my nightly diary read :)

DH first day of work went very well (in fact he only did 1/2 day - how awesome is that). I call him my part time, part timer :) he thinks it should be easy work, and is looking forward to getting stuck in and proving himself.

NSD apart from planned parent present, so sort of claiming that. Out for a celebratory meal tomorrow, but again, that is planned. Hoping to reign in the spends properly after the end of this week (must do it and not just keep saying it). Payday possibly tomorrow, so it's a natural refocusing point.

Happy Tuesday,

Gib x

• supersaver1000
    Options
    Hi Gibby

Just dropping in to say Hi x

SS x
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • giblet1979
    Options
    Hi back SS!

Hope you sleep much better tonight you poor thing!

Sending hugs x

• supersaver1000
    Options
    Thank you but no. Have got into a dreadful habit of waking at 3.30ish and not getting back to sleep.

House feels a mess, feel all disorganised, need to earn a bit more money, on a one year contract and organisation having to make cutbacks, plus confidence shot to pieces.

Sorry for the moan but even just saying that has given me my priorities. Once I've got the above sorted (as much as I can) I'll tackle my fitness.

Thanks Gibby for listening. Hope ur ok. Glad to hear hubby good. X
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • VeronicaMars
    Options
    Hey girlfriends! :beer:

I'm Veronica Mars and I'm a un-organised-aholic. I don't think tidy and organised would fit in my world.

I also used to get migraines. Induced my cheese and red wine - CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HORROR?! :eek: Thankfully it was when I was a university and I wasn't really a cheese and wine gal at that point - more a 60p vodka and coke kind of gal. :money:

Thankfully (as I'm in love with cheese and red wine) both have moved on from migraines to acid reflux (same two items :eek:) - BUT I just pop a wee omeprazole and life is good again. :D All is well that ends well :D

Glad you guys are all doing well!!! Mandatory high fives everyone!!! :T:T:T

Sorry SS1000 :(. YOU ARE FRICKEN AWESOME AND REMOVE ANYONE WHO MAKES YOU FEEL OTHERWISE!!! Get your house in order. Clean house - clean mind. It really does help climbing into your bed at night knowing you won that battle! I don't actually have a bed at the moment but I remember that feeling :rotfl: I used to start with clean bed sheets and everything then falls into order. I'm certain the best ideas come after the bed sheets have been changed... I'm sure I read about the telephone being invented AFTER Bell changed his bed sheets... I'm sure of it :rotfl:
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • giblet1979
    Options
    Aww SS...so sorry that things aren't going well atm. You are amazing, but after how you were treated etc, it's understandable that your confidence would take a battering. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Maybe take one thing at a time, and break it down into smaller steps? Sending lots of hugs, positive vibes, and you are welcome to offload at ANY time!

Hey Veronica! Great to see you post :) how awful that your body is so inconsiderate to try and deny you such goodies (well the cheese anyway....mmm cheese....) Ah the good old uni days. To be honest, I was more into cheap cocktails and even cheaper wine, but would have drunk whatever was on offer (alcopops anyone???). Ooh and that vodka milkshake thing that was out for a while. Yum. That was a dangerous substance on the 'tipsy' and 'weight' front.
    I second the vote for Omeprazole :)

Hang on, I've lost my cup of tea......mini crisis.

Ok I'm back. It was under some papers (no I don't know how either). I can join the unorganisasedaholic group. If you could see this room atm (hangs head in shame) but I'm not worrying today. Day off from anything I don't want to do!

If you don't mind me asking, and I might have just forgotten, but why don't you have a bed? Are you between beds? We had a mattress for ages when our bed was a) broken, and then b) we moved. Our original @rgos bed broke one day when DH sneezed (true story). I found it funny, but as we had people sleeping on the couch after a night out, he had to stay on a slant for the rest of the night.

In MSE news, I resisted going to MCD's for a breakfast after dropping DH at work. I also nearly went into town, but that would involve tea, cake and possibly impulse purchases, so I tootled home to come and catch up with lovely peeps, and just chill.

Go me!

Right, off to catch up with diaries, and find something on spotify to accompany. Hope everyone is having a good day

Gib x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family