HSBC counter service

Options
Thought people might like to know..

Just been to the HSBC and they have a small notice on the counter which I wouldnt have noticed but for the queue that says from 23rd May to improve counter service for customers they will provide counter service to HSBC customers between 11 and 2 and non HSBC will be charged £5 per transaction between these times.
Ready to Go Go!

Comments

• littlereddevil
    Options
    what a ripoff
    travelover
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Abbey charge £5 even if you bank there to pay the bills.

Also even if you bank with HSBC and try and pay a bill with a non-hsbc cheque they will not allow it.

And a lot of the HSBC don't have a counter service on a saturday. There is someone in there but not on the counters.

And they wonder why people use internet banking :rolleyes:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • amandathepanda
    Options
    But surely if you are a HSBC customer this would make you happy. Why should their own customers have to queue over a lunch time, whilst the cashiers are busy serving other bank's customers. The £5 will be a deterent to make them go to their own bank.
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our local HSBC has one till that anyone can use but only HSBC customers can use the other two as well. I don't go in there often as it is Mr. BB who banks with them but I might pop in next time I am passing and see whether they are implementing the time thing as well. (Just to be nosey really!)
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish my bank would implement the same policy! I'm !!!!!! off having to do Halifax and Abbey's work for them!
    Eric
  • davidcampbell
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    Abbey charge £5 even if you bank there to pay the bills.

no they dont

DC
  • Walletwatch
    Walletwatch Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    jen_jen wrote:
    Thought people might like to know..

Just been to the HSBC and they have a small notice on the counter which I wouldnt have noticed but for the queue that says from 23rd May to improve counter service for customers they will provide counter service to HSBC customers between 11 and 2 and non HSBC will be charged £5 per transaction between these times.

I think it is a rare good move from HSBC. Good to see some bank actually doing something to take care of their existing customers.
    It's always the grass that suffers, irrespective of whether the elephants are fighting or making love !!!
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

no they dont

DC

Yes they do, if you pay them over the counter. Anyway, the poster who was complaining about having to pay £5 obviously has online access if they are posting on here. So why not pay bills online for free?
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 574 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What's wrong with this?

Give priority service to customers of the bank. Makes sense to me. I never used the counter service anyway - always used Express pay-in and pay bills by DD.

Have now switched to Alliance & Leicester anyway for better interest.
    MFW 2015 #41 = £20,515/£20,515
    MFW 2014 #41 = £26,100/£25,000
    MFW 2013 #41 = £10,000/£10,000
    Original MF date = May 2036 - MF achieved on 15 June 2015
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In relationto abbey, I though they had actually now refused to let anyone pay bills at the counter, including their own customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure