MSE News: EE users suffer mobile problems: What are your rights?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is anyone still having issues? I had issues last week and my 4G signal returned on Friday but I haven't had any kind of data on my phone since Saturday although I can call.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2014 at 4:32PM
    Options
    winbox wrote: »
    I'm not going to argue with you, I don't think you quite understand how these telecomm networks run and have provided nothing to say otherwise than I am "incorrect" (feel free to provide some evidence that infact the internal systems are merged) but anyway, I'm not going to mention it anymore.

I think you'll find you are both right in so much that they have combined some elements of the business but not others.
    This is EE's explanation on their Facebook page when another 'happy' customer contacted them...

"We are the Facebook page for the brand EE, which sits alongside Orange and T-Mobile as a mobile phone brand. EE is also the name of the parent company of all three brands (it used to be Everything Everywhere, which is where the name comes from).
    On top of that, we've recently renamed the network that all of the phones on Orange, T-Mobile and EE connect to. It's now called EE, but Orange and T-Mobile customers are still with their original providers. Only those that want to move to EE will do so, and only when they ask, as they have choose a new plan and tariff from the EE list.
    Hope that helps.
    http://explore.ee.co.uk/our-company/our-brands-and-services
  • m5rcc
    m5rcc Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Walcott wrote: »
    Is anyone still having issues? I had issues last week and my 4G signal returned on Friday but I haven't had any kind of data on my phone since Saturday although I can call.

I'm still getting delayed emails via my BlackBerry on T-Mobile
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mine seems to be resolved since yesterday afternoon. Data seems to be normal again.
  • amberseaside
    Options
    I started having problem with my signal on Sim only contract about 6 weeks ago they did nothing but mis sell me a booster. The only way I can get signals is to keep hanging out of a window and search for network and reregister. Lat thursday it all improved signals in every room in home no problem back to how it used to be. However in middle od a call this morning it all crashed again. Now cannot get a signal at all only networks showing are O2 and Vodaphone. All the time they deny any problems in my area (se Kent). Went into phone shops last week they are bewildered I would think my phone was at fault but works ok in 90% of places. AS I am disabled Im lost without phone and feel vulnerable but what can I do?
  • StSwithinsDay
    Options
    I don't have a mobile phone. Getting EE to believe this is a nightmare.

My phone has now been cut off for a fortnight. I've paid the bill, but I have to call them to reactivate it. And I can't call them because they've cut off my phone.

This kind of terrible customer service is why I left BT to join Orange in the first place. I loved Orange. As a serious depressive with memory problems on a par with Alzheimers, their customer service always went out of their way to help me pay and keep my account in good order. Then they got taken over by EE and now I just want to shoot myself.
  • The_Loan_Stranger
    Options
    Where i live we had a strong orange signal for the last five months, then all of a sudden no signal what so ever, some locals say they have switched of one of the masts that supply the orange signal, but orange themselves constantly deny this and say that their systems are all running correctly and without any problems or disruption and that it must be my phone itself at fault (as well as my partners, several nieghbours and countless hundreds of other peoples in the surrounding hamlets and villages).
    They really, really just don't care, we pay the bills, they make their profits, and are far as they are concerned thats all that matters, supplying a reliable service and keeping their customers happy dosn't even come into the equation.
  • m5rcc
    m5rcc Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I started having problem with my signal on Sim only contract about 6 weeks ago they did nothing but mis sell me a booster. The only way I can get signals is to keep hanging out of a window and search for network and reregister. Lat thursday it all improved signals in every room in home no problem back to how it used to be. However in middle od a call this morning it all crashed again. Now cannot get a signal at all only networks showing are O2 and Vodaphone. All the time they deny any problems in my area (se Kent). Went into phone shops last week they are bewildered I would think my phone was at fault but works ok in 90% of places. AS I am disabled Im lost without phone and feel vulnerable but what can I do?

I have the same poor signal with EE. You should not have been charged for a 'booster'. Which booster did they give you? Was it a white Signal Box like one of these?

You should not have to pay extra. No signal in an area where is signal is given is breach of contract...
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    winbox wrote: »
    I'm not going to argue with you, I don't think you quite understand how these telecomm networks run and have provided nothing to say otherwise than I am "incorrect" (feel free to provide some evidence that infact the internal systems are merged) but anyway, I'm not going to mention it anymore.

Try logging on to www.tmobile.co.uk today and see what happens !!
    (I won't mention it anymore)
  • winbox
    winbox Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Try logging on to tmobile.co.uk today and see what happens !!
    (I won't mention it anymore)

I didn't realise just how hostile this community really is - you're calling me up on a change they made yesterday? really?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure