Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chas1999 wrote: »
    But that's all we get from you - "I'm Sorry", "I promise to sort it out", "We'll call you back", "You will get your refund soon".

All LIES, after lies after lies.

Why can't you be upfront with us. We know you have problems. Explain to us what they are, what you are doing to sort them out, and when you honestly expect to sort them out.

No more lies. No more deceipt. We deserve better.

PS. What's canemail? Sounds painful. Not the first time you asked for canemail. Can't you even be bothered to check what you're copying and pasting. The implication is you couldn't care less.

What I find astonishing is not only are they giving the same stock answer time & time again here, but they are not even reading posts they are giving that stock answer for. :eek:

To clarify, I have no billing issues with extraenergy. But that is for one simple reason...

I AM NOT AN EXTRA ENERGY CUSTOMER.

I am not now (because currently they are 8th in the list for me as a dual supplier, which is more expensive than single supplies; they are over 20th in the list for electricity. They don't appear to only supply gas, but would be 6th cheapest, based on their dual fuel price, compared to those that do supply gas only), I have never been a customer of theirs in the past, and must say, based on the standard of response given here, most probably...

I WILL NEVER BE CUSTOMER OF EXTRA ENERGY

in the future, no matter what prices they may charge, unless they drastically improve their customer service.

They have definitely shot themselves in the foot here.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »

I WILL NEVER BE CUSTOMER OF EXTRA ENERGY

I bet you're really an Extra Energy customer who's in denial!:rotfl:
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You should know that the customers of EE on this forum are sick and tired of them
    Some are, as are some customers of every energy firm on their respective thread. Don't think you're speaking for all EE customers.

I'm quite happy, as I'm getting cheap energy and they are owed by me, not vice versa.
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    It will be built into the billing program for the tariff, you leave early the program will automatically add the charge. Just poorly explained in the e-mail.

EE dont have a billing program though!
    Bills are still being manually produced aint they, well thats if you are lucky enough to get a bill.
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    Some are, as are some customers of every energy firm on their respective thread. Don't think you're speaking for all EE customers.

I'm quite happy, as I'm getting cheap energy and they are owed by me, not vice versa.

I said customers on this forum are sick and tired of EE, if you are not and you are happy, why are you on this forum? If you think that 2 positives against hundreds of negatives is a good formula for a company to operate under than you are living in la la land!
    Holding back the years...
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quote from Biggles

"I'm quite happy, as I'm getting cheap energy and they are owed by me, not vice versa."

You are happy at the moment, but for all the wrong reasons, that is still a negative because EE have not billed you.
    Holding back the years...
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mum in law now £550 debit and has not had a bill for the 10.5 months.

However she is one of the more happier customers and all for the wrong reason.
  • chas1999
    chas1999 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Onbudsman wrote: »
    EE dont have a billing program though!
    Bills are still being manually produced ain't they, well that's if you are lucky enough to get a bill.

Actually they are computer produced. Mine have been well-designed, easy to understand, and accurate pdf's. That's why it's so difficult to understand what's going wrong.

Their billing system must be working OK. The input of data for new bills is simple - just 1 (sometimes 2) dates and 2 meter readings. They will also need to have input payments. But I think we can all see our payments and meter readings shown online.

The First bill will also need initial readings and dates so that might explain a delay, but my final bill was a second bill and I can't see the reason why that took so long. (E.On produce a bill within minutes of me entering readings.)
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I said customers on this forum are sick and tired of EE, if you are not and you are happy, why are you on this forum? If you think that 2 positives against hundreds of negatives is a good formula for a company to operate under than you are living in la la land!

No need to be rude to Biggles.

The title of this forum is "Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy"

The feedback doesn't have to be negative.

I've been with EE for almost a year now and you know what, every day they have provided me with an uninterrupted supply of both gas and electricity and in return I have paid them a pre-agreed monthly amount by DD based on my previous years use.

I've had one bill which confirmed my current usage and payments are in line with the original predictions.

EE have almost 400,000 customers and according to the comparison site "Energyhelpline.com" have a 5* rating, so I don't think EE will be too concerned if the 20-30 moaning minnies, who are posting here ad nauseam, leave to go elsewhere.:)
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chas1999 wrote: »
    (E.On produce a bill within minutes of me entering readings.)

I switched to them after gathering £75 from N Power in goodwill payments. Online facilities the best and I pay qtly and even though I bit more expensive that suits me fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure