ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your 3 payslips are not representative of your actual wage send a cover note explaining and include a P60.
  • lcua9
    lcua9 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you : company says P60s will be produced 31 May latest so I guess we shall see.
  • lcua9
    lcua9 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    They accepted my deferment!!!
    It’s always a worry this time of year, even when you’re not actually at the deferment threshold, so I was happy. Even so, once I get to actually being able to repay (which I’m not able to do right now due to numerous other commitments and feeling stretched ) I’d rather be repaying as I’m tired of the stress every February/March time
  • Jspen71
    Options
    Hi all I’ve been In a long running dispute with first SLC and then Erudio about my deferments 8 years ago I had a serious alcohol problem and moved around a bit. Dates and the whole circumstances are a bit hazy. Also, deferment forms where not sent and so I got into arrears. A few years ago I finally got my act together and quit the booze. I wrote to Erudio and told them what happened but they dismissed me out of hand any complaints I had about the deferment forms not being sent out. I have since deferred the loans and carried on rebuilding my life. This week I have had a letter, saying it’s a default notice and they want payment by 23 April. Now I don’t have £4300 hanging around to pay this. I’m 48 this year, is it that they are starting to get close to 50 and they are worried that I will will try to write it off. Also yet again the his year I’ve not had any deferment forms.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    If you're in arrears then they won't be written off at 50 unfortunately. They also won't let you defer which is why you haven't been getting deferment forms.
  • Cook1e
    Cook1e Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sharpeye wrote: »
    I had a large amount of arrears built up due to non communication from Erudio - I received 3 years worth of correspondence in one go from them through the post. I complained, and even though the issue was entirely their fault they agreed to only remove a small amount of arrears, leaving me with arrears of around £1600. I have tried and tried to contest this with them, but have just realised that very cleverly on their part this puts me out of their terms and conditions, meaning that even though the loan would have been written off next year, it now wont be, as I have uncleared arrears. They are one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune to deal with - absolute crooks

Send in a complaint to do them, it’s not your fault if they have not sent the deferment forms to you. They tried to put me in arrears as they had claimed they had never received anything. I had sent recorded post and had signed of receipt proof and email trail. I sent this with the complaint. They did not pursue and I got deferred. The FInancial Ombudsman must have gone in and done an audit as I received compensation for their incompetence. At the end of the day their job is to get the money back, they want you to panick and give in. If you have already complained and they have sent you a letter saying that they will only do partial, even though you have deferred each each year until they made an error. Go to the financial ombudsman
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Time for another anxious wait to see what new reasons Erudio can muster to try and refuse my deferment.

In related news, our old friends Arrow Global apparenly won Debt Purchaser of the Year, which is an actual award that exists in this awful world.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Time for another anxious wait to see what new reasons Erudio can muster to try and refuse my deferment.

In related news, our old friends Arrow Global apparenly won Debt Purchaser of the Year, which is an actual award that exists in this awful world.

2 weeks and not a word from Erudio. Deferment officially ends in a few days so could be fun times ahead.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    2 weeks and not a word from Erudio. Deferment officially ends in a few days so could be fun times ahead.

Finally had confirmation, no idea why it took so long but all sorted for another year.
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Finally had confirmation, no idea why it took so long but all sorted for another year.

Oh you poor, deluded fool. How naive you are. Letter through the post now saying I haven't applied for deferment so am now due to repay.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback