PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May: Pin Money Savings Challenge

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn't the first post in this thread help at all?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry squeaky i thought you meant me to post it here as it was in the wrong one :o do you want me to delete it ?
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, you've got me all wrong. :)

The very first post in this thread is by Queenie and it explains all about the PMS and what makes a saving real and what makes one virtual. So have a read and see if it answers your question.

I've just looked and I think it will :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, sorry to be a pest, i'm at work so just flitting from one post to another while the boss isn't looking :shhh: not really looking at what i'm doing !
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No problem :)

It's a long post... so what you could do is view it as a single post (by clicking on the number in the top right hand corner) then print it to read at your leisure.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    if i've saved £7.02 in BOGOF items and put this money into a pot, does this class as my PMS money?
    Yes, that's pin money :D
    Well done on your saving! :T
    Also i''ve got some pinecone vouchers and also a 50p of Dove products so is £4.50 classed as vitual savings? :o
    At the moment, it is "virtual". Once you "spend" them and get the discount from your shopping/purchases it becomes "actual" because you'll be able to put that £4.50 in cash into the pot.
    Does that help?

My totals for PMS come to .....

... £378!!! :j

I have been using up food in the freezer/pantry, so I haven't had to buy as much as usual when shopping plus sticking to the menu plan and shopping list; plus, using the local farm shop instead of dh popping out to the supermarket!
    When I have shopped for necessary items, I have used coupons. Some of the coupons came from magazines, a couple came through unexpectedly as a follow up to freebies I had last year, others I. £80 of it I have transfered OUT of "virtual savings" ... the mobile phone company has now made good it's promises and the money has become "real" :D
    £100 came simply from reading the car insurance terms and changing insurer!
    I don't expect to do quite so well in June because the insurance and mobile rebate are one off's, but I'm rather pleased with the amount :D:D:D

OK, I'm off to begin the thread for June's PMS

Keep up the great savings everyone!!! :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've ended up with £3.56 left in my pin money at the end of May. But I have bought an ice cream maker & a DVD out of my pin money fund, so haven't done that badly at all. I only add in the multisave figures from the bottom of my receipt, so could probably do better & find more savings.
    Plus I can't forget the £27.23 virtual saving on all that hair curl product from Asda - I'm still on the first bottle, only another 6 to go!!!!

I think my pin money is going to be used as a fund for items I want, but don't necessarily need. I was going to buy a new office chair, but can put up with the one I've got for a bit longer.
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This Chair might tempt you :)

Choose "Home Use" on the first page.

Type chair into the search box.

Choose executive from the list

A little over 1/2 way down is a chair for just over £35
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Total for May £30.81 from pennies found on floor and down the settee! :D Also savings on ebay from stuff that I would have bought at a far higher price from craft shops. Also added in coupon savings, bogoffs and money saved making yogurt and bread.

Total of March and April came to £51.02 so in all £81.83 saved so far. Mind you I have spent £20 of that on treat for dd.
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Janeryan
    Janeryan Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Total for May-£93.25 actual savings plus £16.50 saved by using Boots & Sainsburys points

Total for year to date £404.97(spent so far £150.00)

Can't believe how all those BOGOF's and reduced items add up plus when you shop at Rainbow and spend over £40.00 you get 4p off a litre of petrol which with petrol the price it is comes in very handy!

Plus used as many coupons as I could(but haven't tried internet ones yet) and looked out ofr triple point deals at Boots plus my M & S vouchers for using my credit card.

Off to join in June's challenges now-good luck everyone!
    Jan 2012 grocery spend £19.20
    2012 total budget is ????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family