Mothercare xpedior issue

Options
linzi83
linzi83 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 10 March 2014 at 9:45PM in MoneySaving mums
Evening all not sure this is the right place.

Basically I bought the mothercare xpedior travel system in June last year.

Pram was great until the breaks started sticking and breaking without touching the break itself. This was october Quite dangerous IMO,
Went back to mothercare who were understanding and swapped the pram immediately for a new one, extended my warranty etc ( I was very happy I had heard they wouldn't help)

I've called my local store again today as the problem had resurfaced with the new pram. I have been told the most they will do is send for repair and in the interm provide me with a stroller.

I find this ludicrous, I have proof of purchase a guarantee and a pram that IMO is not fit for purpose. They quickly exchanged my pram last time, and kept me sweet what is the issue this time.

Basically I need advice on where I stand legally as a consumer

Kind regards and thanks got reading the essay

Comments

• warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    I believe you do have to give them a chance to rectify the problem first, only then if it can't be rectified to a suitable standard, are they obliged to give you a full refund..... it could just be a small defect that can be easily rectified if looked at by the right person.. i.e. too strong a spring or something like that.... have some patience.. keep calm and at least then if not fixed to your liking or in a timely period you'll have every reason to ask for a refund as you've been cool, calm and reasonable !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure