Shop & Scan

Options

Comments

• mandyh11
    mandyh11 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really disliking this new app. It takes up too much time and not anywhere near as much reward for the effort. I think a lot of people will slowly stop doing it unless they change it.
    2013 wins - Garnier BB cream, Bella Italia £60 meal voucher, Years supply Tetley tea. £100 :j
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 10 June 2015 at 5:24PM
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    This is what it says on their site so you should have expected that -

I have never used Leisure vouchers for the theatre tokens but have used them for eating out. I expect it will mean you will have to pay full price for any bookings!

Thanks, I'm not complaining but I don't use the website I do use the app and I did redeem through e-mail so I missed this.

I might look for eating out instead! Thanks!
    ally.
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well. Dispite me sending purchases in at least 4 days last week I only got 250 points! I buy a lot of non barcoded stuff from Costa etc so loosing out on that it seems. Tempted to tell them to remove me as it's no longer worth it!

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,958 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beki88 wrote: »
    Well. Dispite me sending purchases in at least 4 days last week I only got 250 points! I buy a lot of non barcoded stuff from Costa etc so loosing out on that it seems. Tempted to tell them to remove me as it's no longer worth it!

I only send in once a week for my Asda shop, I don't bother with any other purchases as I get 1000 points a week regardless of how many times I transmit.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    I only send in once a week for my Asda shop, I don't bother with any other purchases as I get 1000 points a week regardless of how many times I transmit.

Are they talking about foodonthego?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,958 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    Are they talking about foodonthego?

Ahh maybe :o but then again I am not sure as they are saying purchases.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Aesop
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Ahh maybe :o but then again I am not sure as they are saying purchases.

food on the go is purchases though and you are supposed to input non barcoded stuff too.

And I know on the other thread they were talking about how low the points have dropped compared to before, think 250 is the maximum you can get weekly now.
  • xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I still have my email telling me to use the app for FOTG. This is what it said about points.

Rewards changes
    We have also made the following changes to the rewards that you will receive for carrying out the Food On The Go App task. Each week you will receive:

250 points for the first occasion that you submit through the app that week.
    100 points for every additional occasion that you submit purchases through the app. Up to a maximum of 40 total occasions each week will be paid for.
    250 points if you tell us that you did not purchase anything by selecting the Nothing Bought option in the app at the end of the week.
  • centretap
    centretap Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Does this mean we have to submit twice the amount of purchases to get the same amount of points we used to get before.

That is the theory but FOTG panellists are reporting they are not getting credited for all of their submitted purchases since the change.
  • Aesop
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed with the FOTG app, I am hardly getting any points now and it's more fiddly than before. Also, I'm finding that the barcode scanner on the app doesn't always work. Once when I was out and had bought a chocolate bar, I held the against the barcode, it wouldn't scan it and I tried so many times holding it back more, holding it forward, until in the end I dropped my phone!!!

is anyone feeding this back to the company directly? maybe if enough complain they might do something.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback