Who's making a World Book Day costume this weekend?!

2»

Comments

• Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thankfully mine are too old for this now. However, I got a brilliant tip from here around 6 years ago. DD1 had a Hallowe'en witch outfit, so wore the hat and fingernails then we made a wardrobe from a cardboard box and she carried a toy lion and went as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. DD2 made a car from another box (mince pie foils for headlights) which she wore over her head. She borrowed my dad's flat cap, a pair of her dad's socks over some trousers and some green face paint and went as Mr Toad. Costs for both: nil. Enjoyment: loads. Prizes won: 2 :-)
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Last year both of my boys went as Where's Wally (red/white stripey top/glasses/bobble hat and blue trousers). This year the youngest is Tigger courtesy of a onesie bought from a car boot sale last year for £3.00 - I knew it would come in handy one day just wish I had also bought the bigger Scooby Doo one as well.

The eldest is Spongebob - £4.80 cheap (ish) ebay purchase a couple of weeks ago.

I did however see a fantastic home made costume on Topsy and Tim (Cbeebies) this week. It was a cardboard box turned into the house off three little pigs - one side had straw stuck to it, the other had bricks painted on it and the final side sticks. There was then a hole at the top for the childs head and a hole on each side so that it can be turned round as appropriate.
  • masonsmum
    masonsmum Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DS1 aged 7 is going as Harry Potter, my neice has a Hogwarts Cloak so I have borrowed that and purchased a wand, glasses and Hogwarts Tie from Amazon for £8.
  • togethera wrote: »
    Hi there,

Togethera is an exciting new app I'd love to tell you a little bit about

Togethera was created to enable families to share their moments privately with their relatives, whether it be a photo whilst on holiday, a family cake-decorating session, or just about anything you like! The App is super simple to use; perfect for family members who aren’t so hot on technology. And best of all, it’s free to download on the App Store or Google Play (just search 'Togethera').

Would anyone out there be willing to try the app and let me know what they think? I'm hopeful you will love the app and will tell others about it too. Please also like our Togethera Facebook page if you wish!

Thank you for reading this! Any questions are more than welcome :)

:spam: reported...
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • rochja
    rochja Posts: 564 Forumite
    I reported all 3 posts. Too much bacon is just not good for you.
    Life is like a box of chocolates - drop it and the soft centres splash everywhere
  • sillyme673
    sillyme673 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My DD is going as Bella from twilight. So normal clothes. She is 9 and thinks it is soo romantic. :rotfl:
    Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure