IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Claim

Options

Comments

• Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    The perimeter signs, the sea in the background is The Atlantic, so it's looking towards the South West (ish)

DSC_0102_zpsea475fb8.jpg
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    More Perimeter signage, think that's Headland Rd in the background so looking West (ish).

DSC_0110_zps5b136c68.jpg
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    More perimeter signs top left hand corner of the car park... DSC_0117_zpscceea222.jpg
  • ShutPEdown
    Options
    Thanks for posting, the signs have changed since last summer, they no longer say 'failure to comply with this'. I like the new sign that says you won't receive a parking charge if you enter your full complete registration ;)
    The signs still say 'parking tariffs' so you would assume that you only have to pay for the time that you want to park, not the total time spent in the car park. Still not good enough and designed to entrap!
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    and, of course, why Fistral is so magical...

DSC_0141_zps79328735.jpg
  • ShutPEdown
    Options
    Also forgot to mention ParkingEye don't have planning permission for the signs or cameras, Cornwall council are investigating.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    and, of course, why Fistral is so magical...

DSC_0141_zps79328735.jpg

Beautiful - I was there the other week and have pictures of the utter lack of beachside signs in 'your' car park, Fistral beach. I am just not very techy and only have the pics on an email from my friend - can't work out how to even save/put them into dropbox!! The Prankster wanted a copy of them but I am failing to Dropbox them so far.

If someone can pm me simple instructions on taking an email attachment photo and putting it in Dropbox, please do!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    Hi Coupon, hosting photos does, at first, seem rather a convoluted process, but once you've done it a few times, it's fairly simple.

You need to join a "photo hosting" site. I use photobucket. http://smg.photobucket.com/ (you have to join).

You then upload a photo. This takes some time, and they will try and sell you an Audi whilst the process takes place.

When uploaded, look for "view library."

Click on your photo you want to publish.

There are four links on the right hand side, you need to copy the DIRECT link.

Go to MSE forum posting bit and click the button at the top with a mountain and a moon on.

A window will open starting with "http" and all the colon stuff. Get rid of that, (use backspace, not delete.)

Paste your link-voila...... I think that's right :-)

There are actually at least 4 PE car parks proximal to Fistral. "Ours" is just above the foreshore, Pranky, I think, is after one of the others.

I'm down there a fair bit, so happy to collect evidence as required, the ones above aren't up to my usual standard, it's a little when some hairy *rssed golf steward is chasing you !
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    This is how the winter storms left Fistral....luckily the PE equipment seemed to have survived. FISTRAL2_zpsb87b6e5e.jpg
  • liseylou
    liseylou Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to clarify, there are, I think, 4 car parks on Tower Road, three are operated by Parking Eye. Heading North(ish) along Tower Road first on the left is the Golf Club, (PE), Second on the left is The Bunker Cafe (PE), Third (I think) is Local Autority, Fourth is Holy Trinity Church. (PE)

Got photos of most signs in each car park, taken last week if that helps. The sun was pretty low in the sky, but will be returning to the area soon in about a month if you need anything specifically photographing. The golf club may be a challenge, I got chased off, the Church was much more interesting, had an ethical debate with the Priest, who, he tells me, cancelled 12 PE charges the year before ! He also regularly signed witness statements for PE. Hell of a nice fella, although, I suspect, a little misguided.

"Fistral" is an altogether different car park, round the corner on Headland Road, although people use the Tower Rd car parks and cut through to the beach.

Here's the entrance to The Bunker, I'm assuming it's the car park in question.

I've got close ups of most of the signs, just having a few upload problems at present, so if you need anything, try and be specific :-)

Cheers,

Ivor.

DSC_0086_zps022f7467.jpg

THATS THE ONE!!

Tower Road - which according to the 'million page waffle' I have been sent, is owned by ParkingEye Ltd. Although I am not sure as I quote from the witness statement:

'On behalf of the Landholder, which is ParkingEye Ltd'.

So do they mean Landowner, or Leaseholder? Or is this still owned by Newquay Golf Club?
    NEWBIES: visit the newbie sticky thread first, then create your own thread if your scenario isn't covered.

Household and travel > Motoring > Parking tickets, fines and parking > click on 'new thread' AFTER reading the newbie sticky - IT REALLY IS EXTREMELY USEFUL :wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure