🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nah, it's had to be referred to the system developers.

They've had systems issues all day, apparently.

When I told her the error message, she said there was nothing that could be done today.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,802 Forumite
    Options
    I'm getting a little resentful at the number of questions being asked about HSBC. If they are so bl00dy wonderful, why don't they actually explain things to people...?

I know other lenders have their issues, but HSBC and their flaming Premier Account brigade are getting on my wick.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • GMS
    GMS Posts: 5,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because their explanations are woeful.

I had a client turned down for 1.5 times income recently with HSBC. His explanation was full of expletives!! Took his business banking elsewhere and I got him an offer in a week.

Sometimes they work in our favour!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,478 Forumite
    Options
    You should try 10 minutes to give them a postcode over the telephone despite my fluent knowledge of phonetic alphabet.

Mike, Oscar, Romeo, Oscar, Novembers, Sierra
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    bloomin nationwide

Have a client who gets skills pay on his payslip. This is something he has got every month from sainsbury on his payslip for the last 14 years and will continue to do so. Nationwide are saying they won't accept it as it is not on their list of accepted income.

I pointed out that the employer has confirmed in writing that this income is permanent and is part of his contractual pay. 'sorry we don't accept employers references'
    I said I can show you years of payslips showing this income is on every single one. 'we don't take past payslips or p60's just the latest salary slips'

I said... Why don't you take this payment into account when it is something he gets paid every month and the employer has confirmed he will get paid this guaranteed while he works for sainsbury. Her answer is that if he doesn't work for Sainsbury he won't get this payment... ummm well if he doesn't work for sainsbury he won't get any of the basic either???

It makes no sense. The real joke is I knew it was tight on affordability so pre-submitted the payslips ahead of the application and they confirmed the amount they would lend which was 1k less than needed but client can bridge. They have now dropped a further 8k which client can't make the difference up on

Would go elsewhere but is a shared ownership restriction site so only halifax and nationwide will touch it and client has owned in the past with an ex so they won't do it either.

Hopefully my bdm can do something as this makes no sense to me
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • GMS
    Options
    Just ran a case by Woolwich lending support where the applicant gets a package above his basic which he can tailor how he takes.

Because it doesn't match their description they won't take it. Paid every month identically.

Somee common sense needed for all underwriters.

£x paid as shift allowance is ok but same £x in a different name isn't.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    But this is on his payslip - basic £1020, skills pay £220. The employer has said that if he was a baking assistant he would get the £1020 but because he is skilled as a baker he gets a premium on his salary which goes down as skills pay i.e. extra salary because he is a skilled worker. It is part of his basic it just has another name
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • GMS
    Options
    Same as mine. All on the payslip and contract to show if needed.

As the wording was different it wasn't allowable income. Madness
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    lets hope I am more successful. BDM is trying but am not overly hopeful. If they do declined I will be trying to get the val and £99 fee back because we only submitted after the initial payslips had been looked at and they told me the figures to put down
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,782 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    You should try 10 minutes to give them a postcode over the telephone despite my fluent knowledge of phonetic alphabet.

Mike, Oscar, Romeo, Oscar, Novembers, Sierra
    When i worked for RBS I had someone on the phone say I for Ice Cream and my all time favourite... Q for you guessed it that Q word we all know Qube.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure