The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My second rather large G&T is sliding down as we speak.

I've had a bitty day of trying to submit applications, then finding something is missing, so they have been parked awaiting information.

I finally got one away about 4.55, but have had to do more work on cases because Leeds and NatWest have trouble differentiating between the thing you lean on and the thing you wipe afterwards.

Leeds looked at a bank statement and because the debits went out of the account before the credits show as coming in (all on the same day) they are claiming the client exceeded his overdraft limit. He was within it the day before and within it at the end of the day.

NatWest wouldn't accept child benefit, despite us evidencing it and the client having had his tax code altered to justify it, but have allowed it to go to 70.5 years of age, so they can say it still meets affordability.

Mental.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    and as for Santander - I am close to giving up.

They have plummeted from our top lender by volume/value over the last few months to near ziltch.

Placing a case with them is like playing tennis :

Case has passed credit score 15-0 broker
    Now we want all this stuff 15-15
    Hurry up or we will cancel the case 15-30 lender
    Here are all the documents 30-30
    Passed to an underwriter 40-30 broker
    Now we want more stuff deuce
    There it is advantage broker
    We want more stuff deuce
    come on, hurry up or we will cancel advantage lender
    There you go deuce
    Passed to underwriter again advantage broker
    case agreed :cool: game broker

To be fair, you normally have a lot more deuces than that in an average game with them :D
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Caprylate
    Options
    ACG wrote: »
    I think i have just faxed it using my printer/fax machine thing.
    I have no idea of being 100% sure it has sent though until it gets to the point they should have looked at it... bit frustrating.

I really am shocked they only accept post/fax.

Try:

Intermediarydocs AT natwest DOT com

Ridiculous to use Fax in 2014 and also accept docs over email but not tell anyone.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    lets hope I am more successful. BDM is trying but am not overly hopeful. If they do declined I will be trying to get the val and £99 fee back because we only submitted after the initial payslips had been looked at and they told me the figures to put down

Just an update - got it overturned with nationwide and managed to get the original amount required which was more than accepted on the dip. I have a great bdm
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    A bit of good news.

Nationwide is back in for subsequent purchasers on HTB - Equity Loan and is allowing core products again, not just the fee-free ones.

Across the board, the £99 booking fee is gone. Product fees (if any) increased by £99.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always makes me laugh to see which lenders are above/below their targeted mortgage share about this time of year, each and every year.

Nationwide reducing across their group, Halifax increased credit profiling dramatically in last 2 weeks especially on the higher loan to value range and Woolwich; well being Woolwich
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Yup.

We've been really struggling for lenders for HTB - EL for subsequent buyers where there are incentives since Halifax and Nationwide pulled out.

We've given business to Abbey and NatWest (despite no incentives) and had problems.

It'll be nice to have things a bit easier again for a little while, at least.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Hola, buenos tardes!

Que tal?

This time tomorrow I will be awaking from my pre-dinner siesta at the Best Indalo Hotel, Mojacar (pron. tip say "Mohacca" in your head!) ready to air my very patchy Spanish at dinner.

I will once again be cursing my decision to do A Level French in 1982. I should have realised the school trip in 1979 was about as much as I could take of France and the French language

I'm sorry to say, I'll be far too busy relaxing to have even the remotest thought about what's happening back here... :D

Hasta luego! :dance:

El 2 Octubre, I will be back seeing how long I can carry on eating only salad, wistfully wearing my "All Inclusive" wristband and trying to survive the latest round of lender depradations.

Adios, amigos! ;)
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Aldi does a nice Spanish red wine called La Tinta, which has replaced my previous consumption of Carlsberg Expert.

After twelve months rain-free, Mojacar was rainy for three days of our holiday, but it was warm rain so that's okay in my book.

The thunder and lightning was spectacular from our balcony, but got a little repetetive...

I'm getting to love Andalucia and Almeria in particular. Sadly, the population around Mojacar is now 50% British and that doesn't suit how I see my future.
  • Twilks011
    Options
    Hello Brokers, can I pick your considerable brains?
    I am about to remortgage and have a fixed salaried income but also separate income from a LTD company I am the sole director of which has yearly accounts carried out annually by reputable accountants.

Three quick questions: firstly which lenders are most likely to take my LTD company income into account for remortgage.

Which lenders use esurve for surveys

And finally my property is a fairly unique semi rural place in Surrey and it feels like a local broker would be best place to help me. Would you agree and can you recommend anyone (or indeed yourself!)

Many, many thanks

T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport