Ryanair Riga Security Charge not included in price. Can I get a refund?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Ryanair have had this issue with at least two UK airports that make a similar charge, among other issues it is thought to be one of the reasons they no longer operate from those airports!!

I suspect that in this case Ryanair refuses to collect the fee as it will be seen to add costs to their operation (possibly minor) to collect the monies and pass them on, I guess they have taken the view why should we if the airport wants the money it can collect it itself.
    Nor will they possibly have the staff on-sote to do so. If it not a base airport of theirs (i.e. with based aircraft & crew), all staff dealing with their flights will be employed by a handling agent, which as a contractor would be quite capable of charging Ryanair to deal with these fees
  • Lindawba
    Lindawba Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As of 1 April 2015, the passengers of the airline Ryanair will not need to buy the security coupons, as Ryanair has agreed to include the security charge into its fare (Cabinet Regulation No 823 „On the charges for security and rescue measures carried out on the airfield”). Those passengers who have bought yet have not used the security coupons, can return them until 30 September 2015 to Ryanair ticket desk at Riga Airport or by post, attaching the unused coupon and the document proving the purchase (a cashier’s check or an electronic bank printout). The application form is available at the airport ticket desk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure