Halifax - Clarity Credit Card

Options

Comments

• mrchagle
    mrchagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Looks like you need to have/open an Ultimate Reward account at the time you get the Clarity. That specific term looks new.

Terms - 11.2

"(c) open or hold a Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account"

Anyone else have the Ultimate Reward Current Account? It used to be Reward Current Account....

G.
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
  • realitycheck85
    Options
    they are 2 different accounts, the ultimate reward costs £15 per month with insurances, the reward you dont pay for. you dont need the ultimate reward account to have a clarity card.
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    they are 2 different accounts, the ultimate reward costs £15 per month with insurances, the reward you dont pay for. you dont need the ultimate reward account to have a clarity card.
    Yes they are separate accounts. But it looks like for the £5/month cashback on the credit card you now(?) need the paid-for account, as well as other hoops.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to hold a current account and pay in £1000 a month.

Or you need to hold an Ultimate Reward Current Account with no minimum deposit required.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    Looks like you need to have/open an Ultimate Reward account at the time you get the Clarity. That specific term looks new.
    It is specific. That you don't need Ultimate Reward.
    To be eligible for the reward set out in condition 11.1, you must, at the time you enter into this agreement:-
    (a) hold a Halifax current account and pay in £1,000 or more each month;
    (b) use our switching service to move your current account to a Halifax Current Account and agree to pay in £1,000 or more each month;
    (c) open or hold a Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account.
  • realitycheck85
    Options
    you need to pay in £750 a month, this changed in may last year. where are you getting this info from it sounds like the halifax site needs updating
  • realitycheck85
    Options
    sorry just found it, i will check tomorrow
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The printed agreement that I received with the card states £1000 as do the T+Cs online.
    I applied and got the card last month (January).
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    you need to pay in £750 a month, this changed in may last year. where are you getting this info from it sounds like the halifax site needs updating
    That's to get the £5 reward on their current accounts.

The credit card fiver still requires a £1,000 monthly credit (or an Ultimate Reward account).

The site doesn't need updating.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's to get the £5 reward on their current accounts.

The credit card fiver still requires a £1,000 monthly credit (or an Ultimate Reward account).
    Maybe that's for new cards taken out now. I cut my payments through my Reward Current A/cs to £750 when the T&Cs changed last year and I still get the £5 every month (on the CC and all three current a/cs).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure