All repeat WCA medicals to be stopped

Options

Comments

• Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anchoress wrote: »
    Thanks Lin, but I'm still not convinced I'm safe for now. I received my original ESA50 on my birthday in late 2011, the forms had to be back in early Jan and my WCA was on the 1st March 2012.

I haven't heard anything from them but I might still be in the system as a referral pre 20th Jan.

It would help if the DWP would say that no more forms would be sent out rather than their cut-off date.

Oh well, I'll keep on stressing.

I would have thought you would have received the form by now, if they intended to call you.

As you say, two years ago, you got the forms late 2011, and as the review was due 2 years on, I would think something would have arrived by now.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I filled the forms in last summer & haven't heard a thing since, other than the standard letter telling me what will be paid from April.
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »

So, if you were due to be reviewed in March 2014, it will now be March 2016, at the earliest.

So if your review was due in March 2016 will it now be March 2018 at the earliest? Has everyones review date been advanced by 2 years?
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 March 2014 at 6:06AM
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    So if your review was due in March 2016 will it now be March 2018 at the earliest? Has everyones review date been advanced by 2 years?

No. From what I've read, the two year extension is only applied as each case would become due for renewal. I should imagine re-assessments will have resumed by 2016, whether by ATOS or another company.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if someone can help me , off work sick now 2012 sent to atos in feb 2013 , and looking at bank statements full money started coming in march 2013 , they then sent me for another medical (work group) , new form filled and delivered to them 25/12/13 , heard nothing , am I due to receive any mail or are they going to leave me alone?

thanks

alan
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I presume some of this mess accounts for the totally nonsensical letter that arrived this month.

Son applied for ESA by phone (or rather I did for him as he had problems) printout to sign never arrived so I recompleted a printed form and took it into the Jobcentre to be sent to Canterbury. Letter has arrived-dated 14/4/14 saying the the medical cert he submitted for 20 to 26 Dec has expired and he needs to send one by 27/12/13 or have his benefit stopped. He's had no benefit and also no time machine !¬!

He has claimed no benefit of any kind in over 12 months and before that was claiming JSA (due to wrong advice) and has never submitted a certificate so the letter is absolute nonsense. (They've also put him on some kind of work program the letter telling him he'd be sanctioned if he didn't go......er sanctioned from WHAT ? Presumably the telephone application triggered this ?). He has an indefinite award mid/low for DLA morping into PIP in April -so I'm wondering if he'll even get called for an assessment as they seem to think some form of assessment has already happened.

All very bizarre.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Mr_Lawnmower
    Mr_Lawnmower Posts: 113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    He has an indefinite award mid/low for DLA morping into PIP in April -so I'm wondering if he'll even get called for an assessment as they seem to think some form of assessment has already happened.

A Work Capability Assessment is nothing like as comprehensive as a PIP Assessment, not least as a face to face Work Capability Assessment can be abbreviated once the assessor is content the claimant is comfortably over 15 points and any potential routes to qualifying for the Support Group have been dealt with.

Only in very rare circumstances would anyone would be exempt from a PIP face to face assessment solely because of a recent Work Capability Assessment. The only situation I can think of is where someone assessed as being able to mobilise up to 50m on the WCA claimed PIP solely on the basis of their walking ability being in the 20-50m bracket.

The National Audit Office report on the first wave of PIP claims revealed that 97% of those PIP claimants had to undergo a face to face assessment.

I'm curious as to why you think PIP becomes relevant to your son in April. Reassessment of those with indefinite DLA awards for PIP does not start until October 2015. The only circumstances in which an earlier reassessment date for PIP would apply to an indefinite DLA award are the claimant reaching 16 (but your mention of a past JSA claim puts your son clearly over 16 already) or a change of circumstances that is relevant to the DLA claim.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    \he got a letter confirming his current DLA level and the new PIP level starting in April-He's 22.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Mr_Lawnmower
    Mr_Lawnmower Posts: 113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 March 2014 at 4:49AM
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    \he got a letter confirming his current DLA level and the new PIP level starting in April-He's 22.

Are you certain you are not looking at an annual uprating letter for your son's DLA award and misinterpreting the generic statements at the end about the forthcoming move to PIP? Unfortunately, I can only go by this example - as I have already moved from DLA to PIP (I am the same person - just that my YA forum name is not allowed under MSE forum rules), I haven't seen an actual example of this year's DLA annual uprating letter yet.

A PIP award letter is a lengthy document - far more so than a DLA award letter. It contains the rate or rates awarded, the length of award, an outline set of reasons for the award and the points scored under each activity. If you click here, you can see the generic example in the PIP toolkit of a PIP 7006 letter, which awards PIP and terminates a DLA award. PIP letters look very different to all the DLA letters I received - they use A4 paper, the new DWP logo and a different font.

It would be highly unlikely DWP had enough information on file to assess an existing DLA claimant for PIP fully, and almost inconceivable that they would move someone with an indefinite DLA award to PIP nearly 18 months before that part of the DLA to PIP reassessment programme starts.

I don't think your son will move to PIP until after October 2015. When selected for reassessment, my understanding is that he should get a letter giving him two months "early warning", then a PIP 0201 letter giving him four weeks to phone to start a PIP claim.

Unless DWP change the system before October 2015, those migrating from DLA to PIP have to undergo the PIP claim process in full.

If you want to upload a scan of the letter your son received somewhere and PM me a link, I'll take a look - though that's entirely up to you. If you do this, it's best if you obliterate any identifying details, including the NI number.

To be clear, I'm not trying to get at you in any way. It's just that PIP is scaring a lot of people at present, and having got myself into a position where I'm fairly well informed about PIP, I wanted to challenge something that appears to be a long way from the processes and timescales DWP have publicised.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder if someone can help me , off work sick now 2012 sent to atos in feb 2013 , and looking at bank statements full money started coming in march 2013 , they then sent me for another medical (work group) , new form filled and delivered to them 25/12/13 , heard nothing , am I due to receive any mail or are they going to leave me alone?

thanks

alan

I would think that as you sent the forms back before the 20th January 2014 cut off point, they are reviewing you, as normal.

You could give them a ring, if you wanted to, to confirm this.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure