Options

Comments

• helloey
    helloey Posts: 56 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2014 at 11:43AM
    Options
    thanks! (as always)

...optimistic thinking on my part!

do you know once you are placed into a group - does that make ATOS more inclined to "not give you 0 points" the next time ?

or realistically - should i really expect history to repeat itself next time i am called in for an assessment ?

the tribunal people reccommended i was not re-assessed for 24 months although i had to wait 18 months or so for a tribunal - should i really be expecting one in 6 months or 24 months from now ?

....if atos weren't so intent on failing people - i am sure it would free up many many hours of doctors time having to write out all of the repeat sick notes !!!.

E2A - my health problems are chronic and will not be getting better unless for technological advancements in medicinal science...
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anchoress wrote: »
    And Lin, I do remember when they had a deliberate policy of putting people on sickness benefits with the demise of the mines and major industry. Personally speaking, I'm not sure we can truly blame the second and third generations of 'wasters and shirkers' who claim benefits as a way of life as that was they environment many of them we brought up in and they knew nothing else.

Yes, something needs to be done and I guess they are trying to do that but it's a very unsettling and worrying time for the sick and disabled who are caught up in it so please excuse any paranoia I may show :D

Yes, some are often part of 'cascading giro generations' in certain areas, where manufacturing was decimated in the 80's, and many of these areas have never recovered or been regenerated. :(

Not due what the answer is, as it is very unlikely that enough employment will ever be created now in certain areas.

There is also, to my mind, an added problem of increased illegal drug use, along with increased alcohol use, and, obviously, it's very difficult to class them as 'fit for work', once their habits are out of control, but equally annoying that taxpayers have to support them!

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • trenzalore_2
    Options
    I had a WFI today, which basically consisted of theadvisor asking how counselling was going and then informing me that my ESA review is due in June but they are a bit back logged so not to worry if I don't receive anything in the post about it. She said they hope to be caught up towards the back end of the year and said she'll book me in for another appointment to see her in September.

So it looks like the 2 year thing is a worst case scenario, or maybe its just my area that isn't as backlogged as others.
  • John_Clark
    Options
    any recent news please?
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not heard anything since i sent the form back in.Still have the chat with the advisor, but she knows the situation and she's good as gold.
  • John_Clark
    John_Clark Posts: 44 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2014 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

My renewal comes up this month :( I have heard nothing yet so I wondered (or rather hoped) if it might be another 2 years or so before I hear from them?

Did you receive the ESA renewal form around the scheduled date?

(The earlier posts and weblink said that repeat ESA support group renewals were being delayed by 2 years due to backlog of work. I am wondering if the backlog is still as great because it says there has been an astonishing increase in the percentage of applicants being put on support group without an appeal - from 10% to 57% - which will no doubt reduce the number of appeals.)
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah mine went back end January time iirc, did't know if i would be in the cut off point, but no letters since then.
    It's a weight lifted not worrying.
  • John_Clark
    Options
    So are they still sending the forms out at the scheduled renewal date?
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was due a WCA is july but hadnt received an ESA50 at the beginning of June so phoned to ask why.
    they said they had reassessed my claim without one ( very strange) and that my claim was renewed for another 2 years.
    i know some areas are still doing assessments, while others are only doing some and some doinng none at all.

i would phone them and ask as DWP forms/letters have a nasty habit of going astray
  • Anchoress
    Anchoress Posts: 118 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2014 at 11:25AM
    Options
    I was put in the WRAG group for two years in 2011 and my renewal date was last December (2013). I didn't get a renewal form but that may be because I appealed and was put in the support group in July 2013.

So I'm not sure what my renewal date actually is now, whether it's the December 2013 or July 2013 (appeal decision) date.

Anyway I've not had any forms from DWP. I did phone them back in April I think, and they said I was due for reassessment but I haven't heard anything further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure