We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky McAfee charges

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    luckycat99 wrote: »
    Yes. I wouldn't have agreed to this - it's not in my nature
    But you must have agreed to it and forgotten

Why wouldn't it be "in your nature"?

You say you went out and BOUGHT McAfee, which clearly demonstrates it IS in your nature!
    bubblegun wrote: »
    Just to add a little to this, McAfee has to be enabled by the customer it isn't added automatically.

The free offer will activate for first 12 months but after that, just like any free trial, you need to remember to cancel.
    Or even remember that you agreed to the free trial at all! :)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't remember exactly, but I recall that I had to get it removed from my bill, some time ago. I think it magically started appearing even though I had declined it, and I got a refund, but it was only the next month, not several years on!
  • luckycat99
    Options
    But you must have agreed to it and forgotten

Why wouldn't it be "in your nature"?

You say you went out and BOUGHT McAfee, which clearly demonstrates it IS in your nature!

Or even remember that you agreed to the free trial at all! :)

It isn't in my nature to pay for a recurring subscription once I start getting charged for it. It is in my nature to make a more economical one off purchase. I activated it for the free period but was not aware that this would continue beyond this where I would have to pay for it. I agreed to a free trial not a recurring payment.
    14 projects in 2014: 3/14
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    luckycat99 wrote: »
    I agreed to a free trial not a recurring payment.
    We already know this. You then paid this for a few years and are now seeking a refund.
    You won't get one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family