Options
12346»

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    Oh the good ole days, If I remember the kids would even offer to help load the shopping into your car, I would always let them keep the money for that. "what? you wanna load my shopping into my car, for 10p? Load away Son" ;)
    At the time I thought it was very entrepreneurial and thought it was a shame that what started of as a means of getting a few pence turned into a bit of 'gang warfare'. As a kid I remember going aorund the neighbourhood collecting empty lemonade bottles to get the deposits back ... sometimes for myself other times as part of Bob-a-job (do they still do that?) :D

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why should they have paid for it???

who should have to pay what,
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Annie_711
    Options
    I meant that purely tongue in cheek .. hence the little smiley-ette at the end .. however it has merits .. if they had have saved the environment and carried their shopping home then their car would not have been there to be damaged in the first place :)

ivan
    Would love to save the environment and carry my shopping home but my car was parked in a disabled bay because...............................I appreciate trolley's don't blow around in the wind and someone must have left it there but my beef if that nobody was clearing ANY trolley's in the car park and hadnt in the 15 mins that it took us to complete the claim form. Annie711
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why should they have paid for it???

i didnt say they should pay for all of it maybe just half, i thought it would have been considedrate since at the time i was working at the store
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    I would take the money but this dosent mean you cant push for the rest.

you can still keep psuhing for the money, write to the MD & promsie to go to the press. the signs mean nothing but considering you are a loyal customer and would be put off from going back if they didnt make you a fair offer they may make a good will jesture

considering the profits a few quid more wont hurt em

supermarkets do have staff to monitor the car parks & cameras, you can ask to see the footage and take leagl cation on the person who left the trolley

a friend had her car hit bu another while in the store, they woulndt pass on t he details of the other car but the police got involed and got the tape
    the store paid the damges in the end

G
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business