No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    Welcome IrishRose12 and Upsy Staffordshire. :)
    Me too. Please say I'm not the only person who likes to keep the dinky mini bottles and empty posh bottles so I can fill them with something else.....! :embarasse

Snap!
    Some of the little bottles are just sooo cute! And anything glass I have problems parting with.. I like them for putting samples into those that come in little rip the top off thingys, which are too much to use in one go yet still feels like a waste chucking them... I have one with some hair stuff in, I know you put it on after towel drying, and leave it in... but I don't know what it is or what it's supposed to do any more oops....x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • WizzyPop
    WizzyPop Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone

4 UUs so far for me this month which is kinda unexpected.

Garnier ultra Lift Sample WNBA applys nice but does tingle a bit more than i would like, suspect using a whole jar of this would not be a good idea, think there is 6 samples left.

Garnier Mineral roll on 50ml Found in an old handbag and it appears it only had one use left lol. WMBA although i prefer sprays.

Joleen hair lightening WBA it works as it lightens my dark hairs that i would rather were not visible. Another in stash, lasts me ages.

Baylis & Harding Foot Soak Crystals WDNBA couldn't see what use these were there was no fragrance, no water softening, no special feeling. Came as part of a gift set but for some reason B&H just leaves me feeling Blurggh and disappointed.

Early start tomorrow so now off to bed.

Happy Bubbles
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, welcome to all the lovely newbies and dolly I hope you're recovering well!

I have a UU:

22. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Fixing Shine Hairspray 50ml - gave good hold and brushed out easily but WNBA simply as my hairstyle doesn't really require hairspray. £1.12 into the pot!

I was quite pleased with myself on Saturday: despite a No7 voucher burning a hole in my pocket, and despite popping into MrB, I came away empty handed... progress indeed :T

I have a few full size splutterers so am hopeful for making good headway into my stash this month!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • SarahB1989_2
    Options
    Bought Botanics Bright Eye roll-on/gel the other day and seem to be reacting to it - wondered if anyone had the same problem? First time I applied it I got red panda eyes within half an hour, didn't happen the next time but a few days later the under-eye area is feeling a bit delicate, one side is properly tender!
    New graduate trying to get debt-free.
    Make £5/day challenge: August £84.08/155
    I owe £5400 (plus £
    34,000 Student Finance)

• rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    You are not alone! I've saved some Molton Brown bottles to fill up :)

P.S. Welcome to all the new girls! xx
    molten brown sample sizes are great to fill to take on holiday with carry on bags only as tops really seem to stay on unlike some others I have used
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just a teeny UU today.

Garnier Moisture Match shine be gone 1.5ml sachet - WNBA, was nice enough but preferred the one I tried for dull skin.

Dolly, how are you feeling now?

Thanks for the get well wishes guys. Sore throat has eased up a bit and I am just suffering with a thick head, I have sinus issues when I get a cold and get a lot of headache and toothache from them.

Welcome to all the newbies, so many people with a toiletries hoarding problem, you would never know would you.

Victoria - my mum has loads of toiletries which she will never, ever use, she buys basic stuff from the supermarket and all the nice stuff is out on display going off in the sun.

I have some uu

S&G Clean on me - 500ml, this has been around forever, I used the last inch as bubble bath. WBA, I love it.

Wingman 3 in 1, shower, hair and shave - 250ml, this was a facebook win, DH liked it although I don't believe he shaved with it as he is currently sporting a beard.

Body Shop Buritti Baby Body Butter 50ml, I don't think they do this range anymore but I WBA, it is so lovely, I used this on DS after baths.

So that's 3 things out of the house so far and nothing in:j.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wizzypop - I feel the same about Bayliss & Harding and wouldn't have it given, nice copycat packaging but you get better products from the supermarket own brands.

Sarah - I haven't used the Botanics eye stuff but that sounds nasty, I would get in touch with Boots and see what they say about you returning it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Thanks for the get well wishes guys. Sore throat has eased up a bit and I am just suffering with a thick head, I have sinus issues when I get a cold and get a lot of headache and toothache from them.
    QUOTE]

You have my sympathy. I've had sinusitis a few times and it's a horrible condition. Always feels me leaving drained (no pun intended!)

Hope you feel better soon.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oops! can someone direct me to the naughty step?

Ordered some chocomania goodies (lip balm, shower gel and body butter) for a friend's birthday but they were half price and some multiples may have slipped into my basket . Ok I confess, I ordered two of each:p
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Finally sat down and had a proper think, and the outcome was??
    My February PP list!

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +
    2. Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate Shower Gel
    3. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural: Medium
    4. S&G Butter Yourself
    5. Miss Dior Perfume
    6. Sure Black Diamond Deodorant
    7. Clinique All About Eyes
    8. Lush Spaced Out Bath Bomb
    9. Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar
    10. Lush Angels Delight Soap
This discussion has been closed.