No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emsjune - loving your bathroom! The bath is lovely with the taps in the middle... & I was eyeing up your ledge towards the bottom of your sink - great place to line up some bits! :D

Just been playing with my toiletries when getting ready to go out the last couple of nights. I've been enjoying things that I never reached for too often before as the sheer quantity of stuff I had meant many things were always in storage somewhere.

Have a lovely evening everyone Xxx
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome IrishRose12 and Upsy Staffordshire. :)
    noelphobic wrote: »
    Amen to that! I hardly ever go away (sadly) but keep so many minis and sample sizes that I could probably go away every weekend for a year before I ran out! Ditto the posh stuff!
    Me too. Please say I'm not the only person who likes to keep the dinky mini bottles and empty posh bottles so I can fill them with something else.....! :embarasse
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Welcome new peeps, lovely of you to join us. We are a happy friendly little bunch who cheer each other along (and cheer each other up when the going gets tough). We celebrate our UU's :j(use ups) and commiserate when we sin:o (IN's), we do have the use of a naughty step, but it is a self-banishing one:rotfl:

Thank you for the warm welcome :j

I've FINALLY got around to writing a list and have written down all of OH's items but I'm not including them in this challenge, as he has hardly any compared to me! I've counted that I've got 93 toiletries, plus 15 bottles of perfume. I've still got to count my nail varnishes and make-up, which I want to do in the next couple of days if I get chance. I can't wait to start seeing my huge stash going down :)
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    Me too. Please say I'm not the only person who likes to keep the dinky mini bottles and empty posh bottles so I can fill them with something else.....! :embarasse

You are not alone! I've saved some Molton Brown bottles to fill up :)

P.S. Welcome to all the new girls! xx
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, you are not on your own, I also keep pumps from dispenser bottles in case (quite often) I want to use one in a bottle of something that comes without one:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options

Thank you :) I've not done that Babafette but that's probably because I've always got a never ending supply of the bottles still with their original filling inside lol!
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

You're not the only person who likes to keep the dinky mini bottles and empty posh bottles so you can fill them up with something else. :rotfl:

Somehow, I think there's a few of us here with that habit! I have cleansing lotion in use at the moment and have no idea what it is. I decanted it into a travel bottle ages ago. Luckily I'm not loving it as I would be really annoyed at the thought of never being able to buy it again.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    I've been bad again. I've been watching youtube videos all week and they are so enabling - arrrgh all the pretties...

Here's what I bought - I won't need to buy make-up for the rest of the year

1. Simple Baby Shampoo - I don't know why I bought this. Probably because it's so cheap and smells nice and herby - 99p from Family Bargains or the 99p shop

2. Superdrug Vitamin E Exfoliating Body Scrub - I used up a travel size of this the other day and love the stuff!

3. Clairol Perfect 10 reddish blonde hair dye - I can't decide whether to dye my hair blonde again or to go a bit red!

4. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - this is raved about on youtube and I like it so far.

5. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - another youtube fave and I got it for a bargain price.

6 & 7. Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick and Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick - I have no lipsticks, just lip glosses so decided to take the plunge.

8 & 9. MUA Heaven & Earth palette and MUA Undressed Too palette - I had about 5 eyeshadows so decided to try out some neutral colours.

10. Sleek Contour Kit - just wanted to try contouring out!

11. MUA black eyeliner - I don't have one and this was only £1!

I also bought some Real Techniques brushes but I won't count those because they can't be UU'd! What else can I say except Ooops! :D xx
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • SmarterNotHarder
    Options
    Hello again for the new month!

I'm in again surprise surprise! :rotfl:Welcome to the new peeps, everyone's lovely in here promise! Though can be enabling at times :)

Thank you KT2802 for starting us off this time

Emsjune Love the new bathroom! Looks like you may have a reason to get through all of your products now :p
    BlueSky1 wrote: »
    Just another thought - nothing to do with toiletries, but related and I'm sure it will make some of you smile.

Do you have the same hoarding problem with pens, pencils and notepads? I might not have as many toiletries as some of you but I bet I could beat you hands down on my stationery stash :)
    I'm as guilty as charged with the stationary too - I'm on "no buying pens, pencils, notebooks etc" ban as well funnily enough.

For January I had 6 UUs and 13 INs :eek::eek: I blame the £1.50 Sanctuary box!! It'd have been ok without that! Oh well onwards and upwards!

I have 2 UUs and 3 Ins to declare for this month. Not so great as both UUS are samples!

UUs:

Estee Lauder Double wear foundation WMBA I think I still prefer the MAC and Clinique ones though

Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil sachet - WMBA. Usual complaints with sachets, I found myself having to decant this as well - they're never actually single use - think this lasted me 4 applications!

INs:

Boots Botanics refreshing eye roll on All Bright 15ml x2

I don't stash eye cream type stuff, I have a Boots essentials one on the go that I'm not sure is doing a great deal for me, and I have a few sachets. Oh and these are normally £8.99 each, and they were on 2 for £6.00. I saved nearly £12 by buying 2!!

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer Dry & Sensitive Skin 50ml £3.29

Reading the HG thread I realised that I didn't have any primer as I've never used it so... :o

Oops
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 February 2014 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Hello everyone

Have been following this thread since Christmas time and it has spurred me into action with taking stock of my toiletries so would like to join you all please :) No complete list at the moment but have just counted my nail polishes and I have 52 :eek:

Like many of you I seem to have the silly habit of keeping lovely toiletries for special occasions and never getting round to using them. I recently discovered a fabulous gift box of Lush bath bombs and bubble bars which was given by a friend for my 50th birthday and I have been keeping. I have now started using them and love, love, love them but because I have had them almost 2 years a lot of the lovely smell has gone :(

I too have a huge box of travel size toiletries which i keep thinking i will use them when we go away but invariably when we go away we end up staying in hotels where they provide toiletries and I bring even more home to add to my stash. This weekend I went to stay with a friend and took a couple of travel size products with me and some free skincare samples from magazines and actually used them up! :T

My mum died last year and when my sisters and I were clearing out the house there were loads of toiletries there which my sisters wanted to throw out but I couldn't bring myself to. I threw away everything that was open but brought all the rest of it home so now have even more stuff and am working my way through 3 unopened bottles of TBS Banana conditioner which is horrible. Mum had enough handwash to last me for about 2 years!
    I will start recording my UUs from now. I purchased some Nivea essential tinted moisturiser in the Superdrug sale for £1.80 (got 2) but otherwise don't plan to buy anything this month except some root touch-up and my HG Nivea goodbye cellulite gel (if I can find it half price anywhere)

We're moving in the summer so want to clear the stash down a bit before then - wish me luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure