Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Damn you and your banananas Bob - I only got to eat ONE of the six I brought home the other night!! :eek: (I have a cheeky bananana eating fairy in my house, apparently) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Might have a go at the phone/broadband line rental comparison thingume, thanks :) Although I confess I'm starting to get Quite Bored with the whole thing and may soon be reaching my tolerance threshold for today... :o :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: These were ripe ones and only me likes them...but they will eat them in cakes and things..might hide them though;):D:rotfl:

I get bored as well-but when i get on a roll i go with it. The car insurance usually drives me nuts to be honest..but then i think of the cashback:drool::money: That gets me through:D:rotfl::rotfl:
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :rotfl: I should confess I only did cashback once, just COULD NOT BE BOTHERED (which is an abomiable confession to make, especially here!! :o )

Slightly got rid of my guilt now - my sister's PTA has an account set up with The Giving Machine, which is kind of a bit like cashback for charities - so anything I buy online I go through there and it gives them a percentage as a donation. FAR less faffy than actual cashback, no trawling through, no messing about clearing cache etc, just one click and then they get a donation.

(I don't get anything, mind you!!)

Anyway, drawing a line under this for today, been sat on my backside for far too long!

However I have:

* changed to joint account for energy, BT and my mobile :j
    * switched to new cheaper energy tariff and will change DD amount later (saving us nearly £30 a month :j )
    * found new phone/broadband tarrifs (potentially saving £30 a month or more) :martin:
    * done online banking and put everything in the right pots

Not a bad start to a rainy Friday! :j :j :j

Must go and do some things like housework and running now...
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheery so nice to see you back. YAY! :j it's like a reunion. woohoo!! Your diaries always make me smile.

*subscribes*

Also BOB can I have the banana loaf recipe please?????
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheery, you've saved **loads** today! I'm chuffed for you! I do understand getting Quite Bored though (sounds very Pooh Bear :) ) I think you definitely deserve a run. Not sure about the housework ... and I think Bob may snaffle any more bananas you buy ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well I didn't run yesterday (it was too rainy, and I was too idle :o :rotl: ) but I DID run 8 miles this morning :j :j Don't think there'll be much activity for the rest of today mind you :o :rotfl:

Just popping in to declare yesterday's NSD! :j :j :j These are SO rare for me I feel like it needs some kind of celebration :rotfl:

Maybe I could challenge myself to one a week this month?? Maybe??

Something else I did yesterday and forgot to declare - I've budgeted £200 a month for my travel to work, but because I'm not there this week, and I'm doing a lot of fieldwork travelling (which work pays for) I won't be going to the office as often - so I've transferred the spare £60 to the long term savings account :j :j

Need to put in my signature how much I've added to that this year - budgeting for £50 a month but will add all extra bits and bobs too, so £110 total in Januar :j :j

Should easily be able to add £1000 over the year... :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Couple of things to declare today, mostly treats :D

£9.70 brunch in cafe (from treats budget :D )
    £8.20 co-op (milk, 8 yogurts, bananas, pretzels, cheapo soup, quark etc) - from food budget

Also Mr Cheery announced we had £30 leftover from January's food budget so I've plonked that in the long term savings account :j

Not going anywhere else tonight so that's it!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great progress there with the savings and changing things over too. I'm like Bob - I do find the searching around quite tedious but the lure of cashback - or simply being able to transfer another small saving to the Mortgage overpayment pot :D Clearly I'm easily won over! :rotfl:

Are you going to do the NSD Challenge then?!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Er, I don't know :o I've always been rubbish at it, and don't like being able to just grab something useful while I'm out and about... :o but that's how you end up spending more than you need! Hmm, will think on :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I was a bit surprised today when I actually started thinking - and I mean REALLY thinking - about what we needed when I was shopping. I've always thought of myself as being pretty good at buying just the things we need when I put my mind to it, but there were several things earlier on that I would happily have bought more of than we needed, or probably than we would use. :o It's that "grabbing something useful" gene I think, sometimes it's not useful at all, is it!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    welcome back Cheery :j I shall be having a buttling day today in your honour :) *buttles off*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure