Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello..sorry been MIA..

Yes to a coffee maker stashed in locker...I have same set up and that's what I do. Means I have to clear out stacks of paper a bit more often too to make enough room!

Sorry re house..so stressful. But the sell is to say it's already reflected in the sale price and it's an opportunity for the new occupant to do whatever they want. Can you get someone to do a fancy feature and try and get some interest channeled that way? Do you get viewings but no offers?

Hope you're enjoying the sun...I am!!

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No need to apologise for absence, I'm certainly more of a reader than a poster, even on my own thread sometimes :o

I will give the aeropress some thought as it would certainly save money; but I must get lunches under control first. What I need is a bunch of things stashed in the freezer that I can take, as they are, without accompaniments needed. So shepherd's pie, lasagne, pasta bake for starters. Homemade breakfast bars have long been my saviour, but also need to have a less sweet afternoon equivalent. DS loves some savoury flapjacks (with cheese) so will make more of those but also found a nice recipe for cornmeal muffins

Wasn't too spendy a weekend. Food shopping, which I'm sure continues to bust budget, but not horrifically. I did burn through quite a lot of fuel though; but I've realised budget is tight this month because I had to do a long trip in the horsebox; but I should be ok with 2 fills per month which is in the budget.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    So I've done a couple of checks on my credit file. The first was ok (decent score and 5/5 rating) but had a credit card on it that I don't even remember having, from 10+ years ago. I will have to see if that can be closed.

The second was ok, but said I wasn't on the electoral roll. This is wrong - I very much am, have a polling card for next month sitting in front of me as we speak. It also didn't have my main bank account or my main credit card.

And I can't get the free Experian one via MSE to work, so think am going to have to sign up for the free trial and remember to cancel.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi MFM..hope alls ok and you're having a good Easter

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hi MFM..hope alls ok and you're having a good Easter

X

Grr just lost a big reply. Gist was, I thought I had a budget surplus, but now realise it's spent two times over. Still, at least I didn't waste time on my precious day off losing a post on the internet :mad:

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Goodness what a churlish post earlier! The bit I lost had a nice reply to Brizzle too! Anyway the day got better in the main, and although I'm struggling with a yucky cold and sinus headache, things are generally ok.

I have £13 transferred from Q-co that can go to CCRF and currently £90 payable in TCB. With a fair wind behind me I should manage to break the 50% barrier this month. (For those that aren't up to speed with my made up acronyms, this is the Credit Card replacement fund - ie the money I took out of savings to pay off the last of my 0% card). I guess technically there's no need to "pay it off", but it's giving me a focus. I do so much better when money is tight and I feel I owe money to someone - even if it is just me ;)

And in other news, DH seems to have caught the bug. I guess he's seen his savings disappear at speed whilst being unemployed so he's started doing a budget before he starts his new job. Until these last few months of no income he was quite a carefree spender, and I think he realises how much was being "wasted". Other than the mortgage and one car loan a few years back, he's never really had debt, so I can hardly criticise his money management; but he's certainly seeing frugality in his future. :T

• mfmaybe
    Options
    We've been away for the weekend in what turned out to be not too pricey a trip; saw almost all of our family, and spent a couple of nights with some of our best friends. We may also have had a very significant development in our long term plans, but news on this will superstitiously wait until at least tomorrow. :cool:

Back to work tomorrow after a week off which is a bit blah, but needs must! Only one week then another bank holiday, after all ;)

• mfmaybe
    Options
    So it's now official.

We've formally accepted a (written) offer on the house :j:j:T

One huge jigsaw piece in place. Many more to go.

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,782 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news, onwards and upwards
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    So it's now official.

We've formally accepted a (written) offer on the house :j:j:T

One huge jigsaw piece in place. Many more to go.

Congratulations!:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure