Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ... I'm really starting to think that most of us feel unsettled by the onset of autumn - I bet that's evolutionary in some way as yet unidentified. :j

Interesting you should say that KC - I read this article (http://blog.gaiam.com/yoga-for-all-seasons-autumn/) this morning that talks about ways to counteract that unsettled feeling - I don't do yoga regularly, but am fascinated by the food & lifestyle suggestions!

(sorry - the linky button won't work from my laptop!)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That really is interesting, RT - I don't do yoga either, but the food and lifestyle stuff is fascinating. Sort of an expansion of common sense, some of it, as well :) The linkie *does* work for me, thanks for posting :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,715 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a rough night KC :( Noise from the neighbours can be really wearing, as I've found out! So inconsiderate, and I think I remember that your neighbours aren't quite so nice as ours about keeping things quiet?

I love this time of year, but it does make me feel very unsettled. I associate it with going back to school, making new plans, starting new things, a sense of possibilities ahead... :) Especially as I still work in a university - I don't teach but come autumn there are loads of new students around, carrying folders and looking a bit lost. I always feel a great need to start something new in the autumn - but it does make me rather unsettled and dissatisfied with what I have now.

Not quite what you were talking about though, sorry!

Interesting blog post, thanks RT :) I'm going away this week, and there's a yoga session before breakfast each day. I didn't manage to get to it at all last year but I'm there for six mornings this year, so I'm going to try a few days and see how I get on.

Hope you have a pretty restful day.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    It *wasn't* what I was talking about, but it probably should have been :j

I know *exactly* what you mean about autumn being unsettling and wanting to try something new - possibly we're programmed into that by the new school year starting in autumn :) or possibly its some sort of genetic memory - round about now, we'd have been making sure we had enough "inside the cave" projects to last the winter - stones to carve, leather to fiddle about with, wool to spin, all that sort of thing, as well finalising the harvest :) its mentioned in the Jean Auel books about Ayla.

I'd much rather talk about that than neighbours :T
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Not exactly unsettled here...looking for something though.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    You are, aren't you, SHS ... I hope your current plans pan out.

I'm feeling loads better today :j I've finally shaken off the downturn I caused myself after doing too much exercise on Bank Holiday Monday, and the neighbours were quiet as mice last night, so I got a full night's sleep :j

Cloudless day today, and a good'un forecast, so a load of washing is about to go out, and I'm going to get down to some serious decluttering and tidying in the kitchen (getting rid of those magazines, cooking some apples as one has gone bad already :eek: yummy buckwheat pancakes with French buckwheat flour, that sort of thing :) ).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 September 2015 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm feeling loads better today :j I've finally shaken off the downturn I caused myself after doing too much exercise on Bank Holiday Monday, and the neighbours were quiet as mice last night, so I got a full night's sleep :j

It's lovely to hear you sounding more chipper, KC, and that you have what sounds a varied day planned especially with yummy food on the menu:T

But please don't mention the mice:rotfl:. Have spent the past couple of hours trying to fathom out where one/a whole family of the little blighters is living in this house:eek:. Went to sort through a box of sewing materials first thing this morning so I could donate them to a good cause on a notorious housing estate in a nearby town(where they plan to teach people basic sewing and repairing skills). Put my hand in the box to find a lovely cosy bed of shredded paper patterns, fabric and wool, plus the inevitable mouse-droppings. We sealed up all possible means of entry when we had the last evidence of interlopers so I'm nonplussed:eek:. Maybe it was an old nest as there is no sign of any mouse and to be honest I haven't looked in that box for a couple of years:o.

What with the rabbit that my cat brought in and let loose a couple of weeks ago and now this I'm fed up with him. I know he's brough live mice and birds in before and they've escaped from him. I love him to bits but we never had any vermin in about 30 years until we got him. I thought cats were supposed to keep homes mouse-free, not populate the place with them:(

Sorry, rant over now! I just feel so dirty and hot after all that scrabbling around on hands and knees. It's such a lovely cloudless day, the first for ages, I just want to be outside.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh good heavens! You poor thing! Hopefully it really was an old nest, but how unpleasant to come across it at all! Mice don't have quite the germ-laden capacities of rats, I don't think, but still, not pleasant :(

Sorry to have mentioned them ;)

Day *is* turning out a little varied, its nice, you're right - whole load of stuff is ready to go out, a stack of magazines about a foot high :eek: There's a couple of Vanity Fairs, which may be collectible and I've kept back, I might just stick them on ebay for a tenner, rather than pricing them carefully :D

It's still sunny :j

Emails sent, too :) but blimey, it doesn't feel like it should be 2pm, I haven't done that much. Ah well, things are getting straighter :)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great to hear you are on the mend KC!!!:j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks RT! Had to dash out for a meeting this morning, so my whole day has been topsy turvy, meetings outside are tres unusual. Still, I managed to get a huge amount of stuff in the recycling bin yesterday, I was chuffed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport