Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Popgirl
    Popgirl Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon after a few days rest. When I feel under the weather the warm duvet comes off the bed in the day and onto the sofa with me under it watching a lovely film!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Karmacat:kisses3:. Take it easy and don't feel guilty about doing as little as possible. As you say, you have food in. Everything else can wait.

This damp and dismal weather doesn't lift the spirits either, does it? It's feeling very back end-ish. OH suggested we switch the central heating on last night:eek:. I nearly collapsed with shock as it's always me practically begging to put it on. OH never normally feels the cold, he's often outside in wintertime in shirtsleeves:eek:

I wish I could lend you my cat to snuggle up with, he's like a fluffy hot water bottle:rotfl: Take care of yourself:coffee:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you both! Yep, a nice fleece, and a favourite video, they're getting good use - a very short lived tv series name of Firefly, which RT or her OH will know :)

Supermarket has been and gone, stocks are high; I've had a normal-paced walk around the block to ensure I get *some* fresh air, and now its back to the armchair :)

Thanks all :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...a very short lived tv series name of Firefly, which RT or her OH will know...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Indeed I do! - watched every episode of it well before I got together with OH.

I was cat-sitting for a neighbour one week - two moggies with, shall we say, personalities - both needed/wanted individual attention and cuddles - neighbour's boyfriend sweetened the deal saying he'd left me a series to watch so I wouldn't get bored...

Mini sci-fi maration & purring loveliness - was a lovely week!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...pssst KC...

...yes my pm box is still full...:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

...just sent you an e-mail!...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    At least I put my warm duvet on the bed last night, that's something

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. If it's any consolation it's getting colder in Spain as well - I slept under a sheet last night :eek: Still no pj's though :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Indeed I do! - watched every episode of it well before I got together with OH.

I was cat-sitting for a neighbour one week - two moggies with, shall we say, personalities - both needed/wanted individual attention and cuddles - neighbour's boyfriend sweetened the deal saying he'd left me a series to watch so I wouldn't get bored...

Mini sci-fi maration & purring loveliness - was a lovely week!
    :j:j:j
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    ...pssst KC...

...yes my pm box is still full...:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

...just sent you an e-mail!...
    I noticed the fullness :kisses3: just about to reply to the email :)
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. If it's any consolation it's getting colder in Spain as well - I slept under a sheet last night :eek: Still no pj's though :D
    Thanks Gally - I'm retrenching like mad, basically. Cancelled the weekend plans :( , not even doing any writing, just pootling. Sorry its so cold you have to sleep under a sheet :cool::cool::cool: what a trial for you :rotfl:

The only thing I've done is tidy the envelopes I use for Amazon sales. Which did make me have a think (weirdly, my brain still works, quite often). All these low-priced Amazon sales I keep holding stuff back for - the income is probably below 50p an hour, and I'm just not going to do it any more. So next week, the recycling bin is going to have quite a bit in it :) And the charity shops will get some hardback books that sell on Amazon for less than the cost of the postage.

Today ... there's actually quite a lot of paid work, luckily its work I'm comfortable with, so thats good for me. Time for a cuppa now :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 September 2015 at 11:11AM
    Options
    You're right to cancel plans for the weekend, KC. Just make sure you have plenty of you time:beer:. The weather is supposed to improve a bit from Sunday onwards although I'll believe it when I see it;). It's so dismal at the moment and not at all conducive to any get up and go.

I can empathise with your Amazon woes, I feel exactly the same where large and heavy hardbacks are concerned.

I bought a book on Amazon last week, something I'd been after for ages. It was a huge hardback and described as used, like new and was priced at 1p:rotfl:. I take the condition description with a pinch of salt, especially for 1p books but the alternatives (still priced at 1p) were described as merely acceptable so I thought it worth the risk. Grand total cost to me was only £2.81 including postage:T. I even had gift vouchers to use from surveys so in effect it cost me nothing in real money:j.

When it arrived I was very upset to see it had been damaged in transit. The book itself was in beautiful condition, really clean and with a great DJ. To save mailing costs the seller had just put it in a previously used(by the look if it) plastic mailer with no inner protection or wrapping. The mailer was about twice as big as the book and of course it had been shaken/bumped around in transit. As I said, it was a heavy, thick hardback. The page block had loosened and was floppy and had come apart from the spine, plus the edges of the DJ were fluted(if you know what I mean, I'm sure there's a more precise term for it:o)from shuffling about in the mailing sac. I'm pretty sure all this happened in transit and not before the book was sent. I was so disappointed but didn't think it worth complaining to the seller considering it was so cheap. It's perfectly readable now I've glued the page block back to the spine and I'm really enjoying it.

I mentioned in my feedback about the poor packaging (and noticed from this seller's previous feedback that this had been a recurring complaint) and almost immediately I had an email from him with a full refund which is certainly not what I expected or asked for at all:eek:, I hadn't even contacted him directly.

The point of all this rambling:o is that when I sell on Amazon I fully expect to make a loss on big, heavy hardbacks unless they are expensive and rarer ones because I protect the book with plenty of padding before sending to avoid any transit damage. That's my loss, but I value my 100% feedback rating. It's impossible to make a thing on such cheap books when they cost at least the £2.80 postal allowance to send, plus Amazon's seller fees on top. Charity shops have been the fortunate recipients of many top-class hardbacks of mine that are just not worth the hassle and expense of selling online. It's a funny old world:(
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :kisses3:Thanks for that, CBC :) that's quite something from that seller! Yes, I've bought those £2.81 books myself sometimes - the last one was a BBC publication, very old now, the Victorian Kitchen Garden, which was absolutely adorable :):):) still a paperback, but packed full of loveliness :)

Thanks for the support on "me time" as well. Shutting down now, I'm working till 4.30, so probably on early evening.

:kisses3:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope your work gets done and you aren't distracted by thoughts of Gally in no PJs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure