🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on your accounts, excellent work! :j

I reckon if you ever did regret selling Delia (which i imagine you won't) you could probably pick up another one for 99p... That's probably not a bad way of thinking about books actually, come to think of it!! :rotfl:

gah, you lot are making me want another book sort out and i have a million other things to do first!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 January 2014 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Thanks Cheery! And yes, thats an excellent way of looking at things, especially for such a popular book. No way I want to make my recipes *more* complicated. I have ambitions to adopt, as mine own, chocolate porridge cake, and the potato scones that Greying linked to, both of which are magnificently simple, but thats definitely my level.

And my list:
    Karmacat wrote: »
    - [STRIKE]French accounts[/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] scan French paperwork (which means I can send the originals off to the French accountant, don't need to print them for me).[/STRIKE]
    - fill in CPD form - which will take about 30 minutes.
    - [STRIKE]buy condolence card - a very elderly, very distant relative died last weekend, must do that.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- check out the weekly email from Martin.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- check Inland Rev have updated my figures and, erm, pay.[/STRIKE]
    - tidy! for heaven's sake, tidy up, woman!
    - finish online sales listings. If possible, prepare for weekend listings on ebay - scan items and file descriptions in a word document

Ta-da!

Mind you, I spent a lot of time :o looking at cat things - authors and artists who loved their cats, St Gertrude the patron saint of cats (and how few churches in this country are dedicated to her!), and getting the structure right. It isn't, not quite: England? English history and literature? English history, language and literature? Not Britain, I don't think: I'd rather give the other home countries their own pages, especially with devolution of all, and possible independence for Scotland. Dunno, what do Scots on here think, if any affected are reading?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...and ta-da! I have a to-do list...

:TYeah to a good list!:T

:T:Tdouble yeah to having checked items off that list!:T:T
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi RT! Thanks! Yep, I was very wise <nods, wisely> and didn't put those extra items in :rotfl: I just knew I wouldn't do them.
    -[STRIKE] finish online sales listings[/STRIKE]. If possible, prepare for weekend listings on ebay - scan items and file descriptions in a word document

More ta-da! Not going to do anything towards ebay now, but I'm pleased I at least got the Amazon stuff finished.

Ack, wanted to come back on and do my to-do list ready for tomorrow - I haven't sent the French accounts, so I *know* thats part of it, but to be honest I don't want to focus on it at this stage of the evening :D

I think I may be scoffing something in a few minutes ... not bananas, I don't have any right now (shame! shame!) but something fairly yummy :)
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I know! Blame DDFW :rotfl::D Its a big thick book, its recipes are terribly complicated, and I must have used it 3 times. If the apocalypse comes, I'll be upset I've sold it, because it would easily go in my little cast iron firepit and give me light and heat for an evening :eek::rotfl:

Or you could have hid behind it and not absorbed as much radiation...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Yep, that would've worked, Z :rotfl:

Actually, this morning, I thought the apocalypse *had* arrived - my sleep has been all over the place since the New Year, and it caught up with me :o then the builder I like could finally get hold of his electrician at a time when I was free, so we were tramping all over the house examining RCDs and earths and what have you, then when I sat down with a cuppa coffee, the TV news was full of the Army coming into the Somerset Levels, the Olympic team advised to travel to Sochi low key to avoid attacks, emergency cabinet meetings, all sorts of carp :eek:

There was a few minutes interview with one of the (three!) army guys on the Levels, he was terribly sweet, and terribly British, though you could tell he'd had some media training :D jolly reassuring!

So, since the world hasn't ended, I'm carrying on with my plotting and planning. Achievements first, such as they are: my old cheque account is up and running again. They'd marked it as dormant, fair enough, so I rang as they requested to go through the security issues - at one stage, they asked if I'd like to guess when I opened the account :eek: I told him I could guess what colour shirt he was wearing today, but it wouldn't be a security question! So then we went on to previous addresses, and that was satisfactory :rotfl::cool:

So, the plan today is to carry on with the stuff I've been doing :o which still hasn't been completely finished, plus I need to get the new answerphone I had to buy up and running, charged up and whatnot. And do the laundry.

First, of course, catching up on here :)
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Love your response to the bank guy!

You seem to be storming through those lists at the moment - but good you have your priorities right - checking in here first every time! :D

You're not on the Levels are you? Sounding like a disaster area over there. :(
  • Karmacat
    Options
    mizmir wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Love your response to the bank guy!
    I know! I was pleased it just popped out without my thinking about it
    You seem to be storming through those lists at the moment - but good you have your priorities right - checking in here first every time! :D
    Erm, if I'm giving the impression that I'm storming through the lists, I'm a lying toad :D all this paperwork is agony, and I avoid for hours at a time :o. However, good news on the French accounts front - after years of photocopying and high postage charges, I decided to answer an email from my accountant, and asked if I could email the stuff over. The management company sends me information in pdfs by email, after all. And she said yes :j so now I'm online, I'll be collating it all :j

I do have my priorities right, though :D its just that today, I had to clean before work started :)
    You're not on the Levels are you? Sounding like a disaster area over there. :(
    Ooh, no - they're having a nightmare, aren't they. No, they just happened to be on tv when I switched the news on yesterday. And again today. Its bad enough that my weatherward wall is porous to the rain now, if it was also coming up through the floorboards, well, I shudder to think.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    The French information has gone! Tried to send it all attached to one email, and of course it got caught in their spam filters ... so a tedious sending of 5 emails later, I'm done. I've signed their "bon pour mandat" as usual, i.e. bill me and I'll pay, but I've also queried about their charges; I doubt it will bear fruit this year, but they really charge a horrendous amount of money, and I'm just not satisfied about it - now that I have a French niece-in-law (who's a lawyer!!!) I may well ask about changing to a cheaper accountant. Never thought of that before now :shocked::wall::naughty::doh:_pale_ what a twit!

Never mind ... the French info has gone :dance: Let the weekend commence! Hope everyone has a really good'un, I think we all deserve it this week.
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :beer:Well done on the French accounts. Gone is the main thing!

And I've seen lots of crossing out - for me that is steaming through lists! :D

Have a wonderful weekend and don't drown!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport