Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...whole book entitled "Cats in Ancient Egypt"...

:D:D:D That is great! :D:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know, it felt like my birthday :D:D:D

I just skimmed it on the way home, and there was loads of stuff I hadn't covered. Very chuffed :j

Thanks RT!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    need mould killer too. My whole house does.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I saw some mummified cats in Egypt :T. Amazing how much detail you could see through the bandages.

Alchemilla - give that mould cleaner a go, it's great :j. I didn't know you could get it in B&Q, my local stockist had closed :T. I was thinking of writing to them to ask where else stocked it (may still do that in case they send me vouchers :rotfl:)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is it called?
  • Karmacat
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I saw some mummified cats in Egypt :T. Amazing how much detail you could see through the bandages
    *Through* :eek: yikes ... you know what, I've never been :( I won't be able to until I manage to increase my income. I *have* to spend savings on the house, to make it watertight once again, I'm not prepared to spent, at this stage of the game anyway, to go to Egypt.

I'd just better make my mint, then, hadn't I :D
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    What is it called?
    Hi there!

Its called HG Mould Spray, sold in 500ml bottles, costs £5 - £6; the really important thing is that whatever product you get, it has to be mould spray, mould killer, something like that - not bleach, though it has some bleach in it - bleach doesn't do the same thing at all.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Its tipping down here today, going out for a walk, or a bit of work on the patio are distinctly unappealing :( so I'm going to do some cooking - onion marmalade! - and I'm going to open up a second current account. That'll be used for any matched betting schemes, the way I used to do it (you have to move a *lot* of money around for matched betting, even though you start off with only £50, and it really clutters up your bank statements), and it will also protect me and give me access to cash through an ATM in case HSBC suspend their current accounts in light of all the rumours that are flying around. Just feels safer.
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi KC,

Excellenty on the egyptian cat book find :T

Awful weather here today too - totally affected plans for today - not that i mind too much as i have such alot to do :cool:

I have not seen any news about HSBC and have googled but can't seem to see the rumours you are referring to - what is the news please? - i always learn something from your thread :D

Hope you are having a nice day despite the weather x
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Learning stuff :D

There's no real news, DDFW, thats why I'm just calling it rumours - the number of people hit by new restrictions on taking out largeish amounts of cash has reached a tipping point ... but bank runs have been caused by less. They never bothered to inform customers of the change in policy, so people aren't terribly happy with them.

I'm just cooking some pasta, so while that finishes, I wrote an, erm, lively email to an old spread betting company of mine - they "upgraded" their platform, which meant the charts look totally different, they used to be beautifully clear, and now they're like a dog's dinner.

I won't name them, they've still got money of mine :D and thats the point - I want to close the account, and they've sent accounts like mine dormant - I think I have to transfer that money to the new account I had to open to experiment with the new system .... but the bank account I used to use is now dormant itself, I don't have a card for it, so I'll probably have to add a new account and a new card. Completely ridiculous, but they've got their mitts on my money, and I want *my* mitts on it. That can then fund the new current account, whether its with a bank or a credit union.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Totally agree with considering a current account with the credit union. Our CU current account would attract a charge - in the region of 30 squid pa I *think*. However, I'd change to them like a shot if the commercial banks change the way they do business with financially *careful* people who they don't actually want on their books 'coz they make no dosh out of us. Suits me fine, who's a/c ya gonna raid when it all goes pear-shaped? - I mean, it's not like the precedent has not been set elsewhere.......

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure